Followers

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Keeping in contact

I received the most awesome phone call last night from my former exchange student, Cherry.

We talked for about 30 minutes on school which starts today by the way (09/02), my chocolate chip cookies and how she makes treats for family and friends and they love it and when she has a 3 day weekend to let me know because we'll go to Disneyland together!

The conversation also included the selfishness of Nathan and she didn't think that the entire situation is right or even wrong, she just felt bad because she said that she liked the both of us and was sad to see that we will be in different areas and not together. It was interesting to listener to her and get her perspective and tell me that she was sorry and that she felt bad, which she doesn't have to say or feel at all, it isn't anything that she can fix or change, but none the less, it was sweet.

She has braces, which I'll never understand why, her teeth weren't terrible, they were fine so why she got them it is beyond me.

She is excited to drive a car. She turned 16 on 08/01 and in December she said that she'll take the test and be able to drive, she is soooo excited!

I told her that I have a small box for her and that I'll make some cookies and put them in the box. She got soooo excited.

I have to go to work now, but I needed to tell the world that this is what hosting an exchange student is all about!

Love,

Karen

No comments: