Followers

Friday, September 03, 2010

Applying scriptures

I read this morning in Helaman about Samuel the Lamanite who went to the city and cried repentance on the people who were bad. I actually changed the Nephite people to my own name and Samuels name to the Lords and or his prophet and found myself crying because I was in the same spot at the Nephite people, rude, gross in error, wicked and without feeling toward God and the commandments.

I found myself in humility to acknowledge the Lords hand in everything including losing a family, losing temporal possessions and then he allowing me to work, having a job, having a wonderful ward family, having been given a place to live, a car to drive to get to work, an education and returning back to school. I know that this is something that the Lord wants me to do and a place where I need to be at this time.

I was reminded this morning that as we go through trials and go through this life that ALL the good times are because of HIM and ALL of the issues and trials are also because of HIM and when we rely on him and ask him to help us, we will get through it and we'll be blessed even more, even though we may think that what we have is sufficient.

I was also reminded to return to the Lords house and give thanks and to give my time to those who are waiting patiently for the blessings of the temple.

I was called last night to meet with someone in the bishopric on Sunday morning at 9, soooo, I'll be given a calling, yahoo! I'll also sing in choir too. I love choir and this Sunday will be the first time that I'll be attending. Apparently they practice at the seminary building by Hamilton HS, I don't know where that is, so I hope I find it and make it on time.

Gotta get to work.

Karen

No comments: