Followers

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Vacation

I've taken a lot of vacation lately and I am not quite sure if it has been a good thing...in fact, it has be FABULOUS!

Kale in his infamous position and his pirate hat before the Halloween party
Mom and me at the house, who knows what day this was!


I know that it has been about a week or so since I posted stuff so to fill in the blanks of what has happened this last week, here goes, if I can remember and it isn't in any specific order.


I worked M-W and I am actually taking the train in to work now and its Awesome! It saves me about 15 miles a day in my car so saves gas and miles.


Thursday I picked up mom from the airport and spent the weekend with her. Friday we attended the Mesa Temple and it was awesome. Right after we went to the Mesa Family History Center and it was fabulous. We found some awesome information.

Now, to build on the reason why we went there is because I was watching TV and watched the Generation Project show in BYU TV. This particular show was on the leprosy colony in Hawaii called Kalaupapa. I looked it up to see if there was Nihipali family there and there wasn't, thank goodness, but found that there was a Wicke there and he was born there with parents who also were born there and lived there. This boy, Sudocie W Wicke died at age 27 in the colony and I am bound and determined to find his parents and do their work including any siblings.


I don't have anyone that can't tell me that I can't and nobody to distract me. This family has been waiting for years and I'm going to do it. I'm so grateful for this opportunity. I'm sooooo ecstatic.



OK, and then Saturday, we went to my ward Halloween party and it was hilarious. I stressed and slaved over 4 cans of chicken chipolte chili which came in 2nd place from Wal-Mart. The first place came from Costco. Next time I know to go there. We laughed so hard about it!


Sunday we attended church. I sang in the ward choir for ward conference and apparently got a lot of awesome reviews and the stake president gave kudos to having the spirit there as we sang Teach me the stories of Jesus.


The little old lady who lives next door brought over candy for me to pass out because she wasn't going to be there for the kiddos but needless to say, none came so the candy still sits in the bowl. It'll be trashed tonight as I clean.


Monday, I had 2 Dr appts and well, I'm OK with the iron. They upped it from 2 times a day to 3 and my feet aren't getting any better. Oh well, this is what happens when one gets old. I just laugh at myself and keep going.


This morning my mom left and I came to work. I need to hurry and go home now since I've been up since 4 and walked Kale twice but he didn't do his #2 chore so I am sure that he needs to go now.


I have someone coming to visit me tonight too and so I need to quickly clean house.

See a couple of pictures one with Mom and one with Kale dressed up as a pirate for Halloween who also went to the ward party (it was outside so I didn't mind taking him).


2 comments:

Laurel said...

That's really cool that you found a Wicke on Molokai. I read a historical novel about that place, and was totally intrigued. I had no idea it existed. Good for you. Go get 'em.

Glad you had a great time with you mom. xoxo

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

Thx Laurel, I'm going to the family history center again tonight to get some more information. What is the name of the novel do you remember? I have a friend in SLC who is always at the new family history center who is going to look up some information too. She is a librarian so she has the "inside" scoop!