Followers

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Phoenix Regional Singles Conference

I have had a fabulous time this  weekend. I kicked off the weekend working until 3:30 on Friday, going to pick up the car (because I ride the train 1/2 to work) and then ran over to get my hair colored and on my way I got pulled over on the street that the lady lives on where I was going to get the ticket. Apparently I was going "36" in a "20". 1, I didn't even see the posted speed and 2 I wasn't watching how fast I was going I was just watching where I was to be and look for the house. Oh well, $188 dollar ticket, I know that sucks.

Thursday night I started off the Conference by attending the fireside on Thursday night with a 70 and his wife which was fabulous   Friday night I went to Golfland with friends and played laser tag, a round of 18 hole golf, lost a ball, took a few pictures, hung out around the "water hole" and danced until at least 12:15 AM. I slept 8 hrs and then...

...I quickly cleaned the house, took Kale to the Dog Park and he had a blast. There had to be about 50 dogs at 8 am Saturday morning. It was awesome. He ran around and played and then got tired so we ran to the post office to pick up the "package" that came from Nathan indicating that the divorce was finalized and that we are not legally bound. I'm grateful that Nathan can feel free now.

I dressed and went to the Mesa Family History Center and was there for almost 3 hours when I came across a sweet, sacred name of Henriette Auguste Wicke born in August 1859 in Hawaii. I was granted to print the form and take her name to the temple where I was able to do her initiatory and endowment work. I cried the entire time, the spirit filled my heart and was definitely there for her work to be done and for me to have the privilege to do it. I believe that she is either the mother or an aunt of the kid that I found at Kalaupapa, Molokai Leprosy Colony. I'll connect the two shortly and I'll be well on my way to seal that family. I can't wait.

I'll go at least 1 day a week for a few hours a day to try to connect the Wicke line to the family that lived in Hawaii. I also found out from my aunt that the Nihipali family had the first missionary to go to the colony to do missionary work and was very successful.  My dad also told me too that the Nihipali that went was originally name Nihimia, the name changed to Nihipali because he had to climb over the mountains to get to where he needed to go and the Nihi-Pali came because the mountain was the highest peak and nobody had done it before and it was very hard and dangerous. Oh the fun things we learn.

Saturday night was the big dance out at Falcon Field off of Greenfield in Mesa. It was located in a Hanger and it rocked. There were probably 2-3K people there and it was packed. It was so much fun and I met so many nice and awesome people. We laughed, we danced and we got to know one another. I wish I had pictures from that but I don't so just imagine if you can dancing with planes around and having that many people packed, it was fabulous up through 12:15 am when I left. I just got so tired and I had to get home.

I was set apart this morning to play piano in primary and I'm so excited. Brother Volk who set me apart said 3 things in that blessing that I'll never forget, 1 that by the power of discernment I'll find the right spouse (WTH, I'm not looking and I don't care). 2, that the talents that I have now will grow and flourish because of my willingness to play the piano and 3, my job will remain stable and that I should not worry. Wow. I have worried because of the economy, even though I was just given a 1% increase which is a TON based on where my salary is now and I have been concerned about what type of talents I really have and if I do where will I use them.

The weather has finally changed and I'm so grateful.

I'm off to a fireside to with Congressman Jeff Flake. Yahoo, his family settled Snowflake, AZ.
I love God and my Savior, Jesus Christ and I know that they love me.

Karen

No comments: