Followers

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Epiphany

I had an epiphany this morning as I was walking Kale and freezing at 4:30 this morning. As I was doing my morning walk, I thought to myself, how much my life in the past 4 months has been like JOB. I taught my primary kids a couple of weeks ago about JOB but thoughts that came to me this morning never even entered my mind.

I had a family as JOB did and his was taken from him, in my case, mine got up and walked away, however, we were both left alone.

I had temporal items, a house, bed, food, clothes and other temporal things as JOB did (even though he was much wealthier) and this summer, it was taken away from me as well.

I had great health and was running around doing yoga, water aerobics and other things and as JOB his health was taken away and he was left stricken with weakness and health problems.

What did JOB do? Who did he turn to? Where did he run? What was his attitude? I have to say that even though I too had nothing, had been to the cancer center, a spinal Dr and a foot Dr I have been blessed still with good health and nothing major has happened thus far.

To where did I turn when things hit the fan? I turned to the LORD. I like JOB was able to forgive, move on and repent of all of the things that I had done juts as Alma the Younger had done and fell to the earth and repented of his sins to remember them no more.

I have had priesthood blessings recently and am grateful for them and they have really edified and uplifted me and allowed me to look up and reach out to others.

The trials that I have had to endure through this last summer has really helped and humbled me to not think of just myself but to better myself, love myself and to love and serve others. I guess I was just to stinkin' prideful and selfish, but as Alma the Younger and as Job, I more forward being steadfast in Christ.

Just a thought so that I could remember this day and be reminded that the Savior, Atonement and the process of Repentance are real, they live and love me and these things are needed to return to live with Heavenly Father.

No comments: