Followers

Monday, November 15, 2010

Limitations

Ever wonder why we as humans put limitations on ourselves? I'm "only" a mother, a father, a sister, a brother, a daughter, a son, a teacher, a CEO, an elder, a primary teacher, the organist.

Ever wonder or think about that Moses too was an elder, Nefi was an elder, Joseph Smith, Jr was an elder and that there are millions of people who play the piano, good or bad.

Ever wonder why Heavenly Father has our modern day leaders remind us that we are better than what we think to ourselves every day? The prophet and apostles have to remind us every 6 months that we are loved, that Heaven Father loves us and that we are marvelous children of a living God and that Jesus Christ is our Savior.

Ever wonder why we put these limitations on ourselves and that we don't grow because of them? Alex Boye who is a member of Motab, expressed his thought on this today on the Mormon Channel and said that we put limitations on ourselves because we are human and that we believe every "goofy" thing we hear and that it is sad that there are people out there that feed each other on negative things that we as humans believe them. He said, "stop believing in these limitations, they are NOT Christlike and our loving Heavenly Father would never say these dirty things to us". Wow, that really brought to light what we do as brothers and sisters, friends and sons and daughters and spouses to be rude and negative about others and more especially, ourselves.

My goal from now on and continues to be, to look at the good of all things. I'm not one to gossip nor do I like to speak guile about others so I want to start now and again and apologize if I have to anyone and to try my best from this day forward to speak of sweet things. Motab sang Home is a Special Kind of Feeling right after his testimony and it was very tender.

I'm grateful for tender moments like this to remind me of what I can and need to do.

I had started a marathon training a couple of months ago and the doctor that is working with me and my feet told me not to, but I really need to get started again. I loved doing the running and taking Kale with me, so this week, I'm going to start it again despite what the Dr says because I wanna feel just a little more healthier. I'll talk to the Dr about it again in December when I speak to him again.

I'm supposed to go to Ft Collins, CO for Thanksgiving but I just got a call again from the Cancer Center of Arizona so I'm going back next week which is going to kill me. They never say why or what they want to check for soooooo, we'll see.

This week is the Phoenix Regional Singles Conference. I'm going to go with some friends and meet new friends and I'm totally excited.

Lunch is over so I need to get back to work.

The Lord lives and loves me.

Karen

No comments: