Followers

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Holidays

I love Holidays. I like to decorate for them all, I enjoy the festivities of them all and think that most of them are just flat out hilarious!

It is hilarious to watch grown ups dress up in provocative and unrealistic things and to watch sweet little kids to wear awesome super hero and princess costumes. I remember having an awesome time as kids dressing up as cowboys and Indians using paper bags and feathers and having white sheets for ghosts. That saved tons of money =D

OK, and the best one yet was to see Santa Claus at the elementary school, oh wait, dang it, was that really him or was it my imagination on December 1st, even though he drops of presents on the 25th.

The other hilarious and most awesome one is Easter. Who dresses up as a bunny and runs around with kids and chases them as they pick up eggs either real ones or ones that are full of candy.

Another awesome one I LOVE is the 4th of July. I think that others will beg to differ. I am partial to this holiday because it doubles up for me as a birthday. I want it to be a birthday and not a freakin' party for the entire neighborhood and the nation. I want a party just for me on that date with cake and ice cream and presents. For as old as I am, I want it, want it, want it and who knows if it is ever going to happen. If I want fireworks, I'll go and do it myself, but if I want to do something for my birthday that is different then the rest of the nation, dang it, I want to do it.

This last year, I had to make my own dinner because 1, I volunteered and I didn't mind and 2 nobody else would have been able to do it. I made my own Chinese food and it was the bomb and everyone who ate it can say that it was and did say so. I bought myself my own birthday present because nobody even cared that it was the birthday for little ole me and then I used the item once and when I went to Cedar City last week, I gave it to my cousin because I figured she'd use it way more than me and I bought myself a better one.

On a more serious note, Spring and Winter are the most important times of the year though. These are the times that we remember the birth of the Savior and his death and Resurrection. The star, the manger, the cross and the garden are all awesome, infinite items that we need to keep in the back of our heads as we remember symbols and the reason for his life and for his infinite love for each one of us. If he had not been born, we would not be and if he had not died and resurrected, we would not be able to return to a loving Heavenly Father. Through him, we are and by him, we will be.

For the next month at church I'm going to teach my class I am a Child of God in Spanish. I think that they'd love that and I'm going to see if we can get them to sing it in Sacrament Meeting and bring the spirit in to the meeting. I know that they'll do a fantastic job.

No comments: