Followers

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Change

Ever gone anywhere and didn't know what to expect and listen to speakers and feel like they were talking directly to you? Ever been touched by the spirit and taught so effectively that if you do anything wrong from that point on, you'll wish you'd die right then and there?

Ever been humbled and taught so much that whatever has happened in your life up to that point is gone and will never bother you again? Ever had the atonement work through the Savior and have you blessed right away and taught right away that you are a child of God?

I attended Time Out For Women this weekend and am just getting home. I learned a few things over the weekend, not in any specific order.

Not only members of the church have promptings of the spirit to teach, edify and uplift and I love them for following those sweet promptings to teach me.

Doctrine & Covenants 52:16, He that speaketh, whose spirit is contrite,whose language is meek and edifieth, the same is of God if he obey mine ordinances.

Even though I have gone through trials, issues and have been alone, betrayed, neglected, sad, frustrated, hated and despised, my Savior has been there and KNOWS exactly what these feelings are like and knows EXACTLY what to do and how to comfort me.

S-Succor
A-Atone
V-Virtuous
I-Infinite
O-Offerer
R-Resurrecter

I have the ability to change my attitude from Poor Me to Wow, What a Hopeful Me. From this day forward I am setting a goal for myself that if I ever feel bad for myself again, I owe myself $1 to the bank which cannot and will NOT be spent which means, no shopping, no movies, no frozen yogurt or treats!

There are angels that are around me, helping me, guiding me and pushing me along the path that Heavenly Father has created for me. There are pumps and uphill battles along the way which hurt, cause traction, crying, frustration and soreness. Sheri Dew said on Friday evening that there is nothing wrong with an emotional reaction to the trials in ones life. Wow, really? It's OK to cry, get totally irritated, yell and then drop to my knees pleading for help, peace and long suffering.

I know that Jesus Christ is Hopeful for me so that I'll be better and do better and do my best. I don't have to do it all in one day NOR do I have to kill myself.

How often do I feel broken? How often do I remember that the Atonement works for me as well as the next son and daughter of God and that is an awesome thought and reminder. The Savior will heal me when my heart is broken. The Lord will speak to me through personal revelation, through prophets, through scriptures, through service to others, through neighbors, through talks of church leaders and through babes.

Do I want to do good? Do I see things as Jesus sees does? How do I measure my progress? Do I use the world to do it by measuring my weight, the size of my shoes, the amount of $$ I make, the house that I live in. Does the Savior measure me by how I live my life or where I live my life and who I touch, serve and love? July Beck Spring 2010 Conf Talk and Elder Oaks Conf Talk Fall 2000.

What am I doing to be a holy woman? Here is the challenge: For 3 days, pick 1 activity during that day and ask yourself, what would a Holy Woman do during this activity, what is the outcome, what did you do, what did you learn and how do you feel now?

Who have I influenced for the Good or Bad? Who has influenced me? Do I need to repent for something that was done or not done?

Doubt not, fear not.

I'm grateful that I was counted worthy to be a pioneer. Not in the literal scents, but in a personal scents. I have had my trials, issues, challenges, illnesses and stresses just as much as a pioneer has that I could deal with. I am a pioneer in my own life. I have had to do things in this life that will leave a legacy. I have had to do things in this life that will edify others and have done things in this life that are shameful.

Those that spoke this weekend for me to learn, to be edified and to be changed are in order:

Virginia Hinckley Pearce

Dallyn Vail Bayles, who is a performer with Phantom, who performed at least 3-4 times throughout the night.

Wendy Watson Nelson, wife to Elder Russell M Nelson

Sheri Dew, need we say who this is

Deann Flynn, TV Host and hilarious

Mercy River, trio music group who broke away from Jenny Phillips. They performed at least 4-5 times throughout the day.

Brad Wilcox, awesome. Love myself, I am the one making choices and through the Savior, I'll make it.

Mariama Kallon, who said to watch the movie, Blood Diamond and you'll know the entire store except for her conversion. Served her mission on Temple Square. Her story is awesome and can be found on a DVD provided ONLY by TOFW.

Amanda Dickson, who is not a member but brought the spirit with her and testified of loving LOVE.

Merrillee Boyack, Cancer survivor

This has been my weekend. Edified and uplifted is EXACTLY how I feel.

Love the Gospel and Love the LORD.

No comments: