Followers

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Home again

Wow, what a week it has been. I have pictures on my camera and then pictures on the disk in the camera and hehehehehe, can't figure out how to get them on the computer, but once I do, I'll post them.

I spent the last 9 days in Hawaii with family, friends and mission presidents and family. It was beautiful there. It rained in the evening (while I slept) and then it was HOT during the day. It was wonderful to spend time with Tiffany and to just hang out with her and play.

We hung out with family when we could and if they were home and if could take the stinkin' bus over there from Pearl Harbor or even as close as PCC. We had dinner with my mission president, Les and Nannette Steward and it was wonderful. He was so in tune with the spirit that he offered to give a blessing and said some wonderful things.

I am so grateful to have gone there at this point in my life because I received some awesome words of wisdom and felt some great heart felt love and support. I was able to cry when I needed to, able to say what needed to be said without being judged and able to laugh and die of laughter because life is just toooo stinkin' funny to not laugh at every situation, get over it quickly and move on.

Grandma looked wonderful and is so funny and everyone is just as awesome as always.

I'll be meeting up with a handful of them again in October in SLC for General Conference and am soooo excited.

Tiffany, I'll be up to see you and now, Marcela, you know that I want to swing by and stay with you too while I'm there. Aunt Kelly, I'll be there too to say Hi and hang out for a couple of hours before I continue on.

Wow, a lot of running around and its great.

If anyone is interested, the Laie Hawaii temple will have its open house in October/November and I want to go back so feel free to join me. Come on mom and dad, dad is going to check on the dates so if it works out, it'll be awesome to join you at that time.

I have to say that I was and still am proud of myself for hitting the swap meet twice and walking out with NOTHING. I know, can you believe it? I'm still shocked. Tiffany bought me a house warming gift and its soooo sweet and I bought a plaque to take your shoes off at the front door. I couldn't pass it up, it was awesome and its going to go on the door!

Thanks Aunty Emily for the dress. I'll wear it even though its to big, someone will be able to help me fix it and take it in.

Let me see what I can do for the pictures. I took a lot and named them all so I have to somehow get them. I even have great pictures of the fruit trees on the farm that I took. I'll figure it out shortly.

Post something soon.

Karen

PS, Oh get this, I am moving on Friday and Saturday and people from this new stake that I'm in in Chandler and people that I work with are giving me a couch, a bookcase, a TV, a TV stand and all kinds of things and are soooo willing to help me move and get the heavy stuff in the house. I'll take pictures of that also when I get all settled in.

1 comment:

desert mom said...

Am glad that you had a wonderful time. Looking forward to the pictures. Welcome back home!