Followers

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Spiritual Weekend

Good afternoon everyone.
Happy Sunday.
I have had a most enjoyablee weekend. I attending the Mesa temple Saturday morning intending to do a session and figured that if I did I'd be late in attending the baptism of Robert Joseph Chohon, who is married to my cousin Janene.

I didn't do a session, however, I did do some sealings. They were wonderful. I was able to do so in Spanish and English mix. There was a Mexican sealer, who is from Mexico City and who was in the Mexico City Temple Presidency and then the Lord moved him here to do temple work an sealings here too. He has been doing it since 1993. He was wonderful and so soft spoken. The couple that was Hispanic that was there I recognized too and we kept staring at each other and quite couldn't figure out why or who or where we knew each other from and then afterwards when we were finished, the spouse walks up to me and asked if I speak Spanish and I told him yes and he said that he thought so because he recognized me. We talked for a minute and realized that he was the bishop of the Spanish ward in Glendale that I had attended while I was in the Young Single Adult ward of Glendale and while in that ward we had done a dual relief society enrichment meeting and also a Christmas gift Santa Claus for families in his ward. It was very nice to be in the sealing that day because families were able to reunite and husband and wives were able to be together for the eternities.

I left the temple at 9:45 and drove down to Tucson, making pretty good timing as I arrived at 11:45. Allysa, Janenes oldest made a surprise visit and attended the baptism and Miranda, Janenes youngest also went.

The spirit was as strong there as it was at the temple. Bob is so prepared and so ready to have been taught and accept the gospel. His life has had many heartaches and many disappointments and the Lord knew that and prepared him to accept the gospel at this time of his life.

His whole goal now is to get Janene to go to the temple. I told the both of them that in 1 year I will be waiting at the temple doors in Mesa! I asked Janene if she ever dreamed of this kind of life and blessings and she looked at me and said NO and I told her that I totally understand and that she shouldn't let go now! Its not worth it. The spirit was testifying to her this weekend too that she is doing well and that she is being blessed and to not give up.

I shared my testimony of the Savior and of his love for each of us and for his infinite atonement and that only by him we'll live with our Heavenly Father again.

I took pictures at the baptism and right after church today and that was the weekend. When the spirit is strong and when we learn of things that Heavenly Father wants us to learn, we are so worn out. I am so tired...it isn't a terrible or bad tired either...it is just awesome!

I drove back this afternoon and well, here we are. Nathan saved the weekend by watching Ka'le, doing his homework and cleaning the swimming pool. It was VERY dirty and he has persevered and has done a great job at getting it clean.

Another section will have the pictures of the weekend. I took the pictures so I am not in any of them. These were for the Parker family. It was just a privilege to be there with them.

1 comment:

desert mom said...

What a wonderful blessing to see a family member get baptized. I hope the coming week continues to be as Spiritual.
My Love