Followers

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Who cares?

I had to blog something today or I was going to pull my hair out! I read a blog EARLY this Saturday morning about Sarah Palin. I'll tell you now that she is one of my most favorite people. She is honest, she is up front and doesn't give a hoot about what someone thinks of her...OK, anyways...I read some idiots blog about a word that she used as a rude, derogatory word; Sambo. First of all, call me ignorant but I have never heard that word EVER used against an African American. or any other race. However, if you Google it, it has nothing to do with that race at all. It is a name of a little boy in the Caribbean. But, I will say according to the below information, that it became a racial term because someone decided to be rude and disrespectful to others. There is no information on that either. I grew up in the ghetto, I grew up in a city that was known for the highest murder city in America per capital, I know what it is liked to be chased by thieves and rapists, I know what it is like to be beat up on and laughed at.

Anyways, there are many other ways to use the word also and it's not rude or disrespectful.

The Story of Little Black Sambo, a children's book by Helen Bannerman, a Scot who lived for 30 years in Madras in southern India, was first published in London in 1899. In the tale, an Indian boy named Sambo prevails over a group of hungry tigers. The little boy has to give his colorful new clothes, shoes, and umbrella to four tigers so they will not eat him. Sambo recovers the clothes when the jealous, conceited tigers chase each other around a tree until they are reduced to a pool of delicious melted butter. The story was a children's favorite for half a century, but then became controversial due to the use of the word sambo, a racial slur in some countries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Black_Sambo, http://newsbusters.org/blogs/terry-trippany/2008/09/06/rumor-palin-called-obama-sambo-spreading-across-internet


So, my whole point is, you go girl! Use all the words you want. It is not sad that a person is a mixed race. Are we still living pre-civil rights era and slavery? Maybe...I know that Arizona is the #1 state for illegal activity for those that are undocumented and that are trying to have a great life and we have drop houses left and right out here and human trafficking is horrific, so in a way, we still have and some of us know that it is there and we do NOTHING about it and others of us don't have a clue what it is or what is going on.

Let me slam the news media for a moment, you claim to have the updated information, the most information and the most correct stories, yet, you do NOTHING again. Why not? Kevin Carter committed suicide because he couldn't take the crap anyone of people killing people. http://members.home.nl/gerhardnijenhuis/msp/time.htm is the website that you can check out see what he did and why. Did we do anything about it? Uh, no. Nothing at all.

So, media, don't give me this crap about you just doing your job...if that so be the case, you would 1-either help out and start fund raising or something or 2-you wouldn't air it at all.


OK...to continue on. I am of a mixed race. My dad is Hawaiian and my mom is all around middle class, Caucasian, southern California girl! That is mixed. Are there differences in the family? Uh, yeah. Are there fun times too? Uh, yeah. Did we learn to love one another? Uh, yeah. Were my parents mean sometimes? Uh, yeah...when they needed to be. Did they teach us to be tolerant of others? Uh, you bet they did. They had to. We DO NOT live in a one colored world!

Is everyone of a mixed race? Uh, yeah! If you are European, you are still a mixed race. If you are from south America, likewise, including Brazil. We all are and we all need to learn to love one another and get along. How boring would this world be if were all the same color, had the same colored eyes, hair and body shape! BORING

We are all different so that we can all learn about each other, to be tolerant, to be loving and charitable. We can't do these things if we are hating each other and clowing on stupid words like Sambo.

We also need to please stop using the "N" word. I won't write it because I don't like it. It is degrading and it hurts peoples feelings. I am not up to that. I think it sucks. Why are we hurting each other? There is enough trial and error in this life, enough famine and war and hatred that we don't have to add more fuel to the fire.

While I am on my soap box, can we please, please, stop swearing and using the Lords name in vain. It is terrible. It is getting worse and I hate it. I cringe and cry sometimes when I hear people say it with complete disregard and thoughtlessness! When I hear some one same, God, Christ, Jesus Christ or any form of it, I actually seriously, stop what I am doing and look around because, wow, I am not ready for the 2nd coming so stop calling out his name! Stop disrespecting my Savior and Heavenly Father. They are sacred to me and if I want to call on them, I will do so in humble prayer giving gratitude for light, water, air, ability to move, work, sleep, laugh, love and live. I can do that on my own. Parents, please teach your children to not do that. That is a parental responsibility.
at
I can go on and on and on but I won't because you get the point. Hate my blog or love it, I don't care. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, that is what America is all about. Freedom to choose, freedom to breathe, walk, dance and live, laugh, love and learn!

Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

desert mom said...

I think Sara Palin is great too!! She's smart and brave enough to stand up. And yes we need to love ALL around us. And we need to Love and follow the Savior.

My Love and have nice week.

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

Thanks for the affirmation! I thought that I was going to pull my hair out if I hadn't written something.