Followers

Monday, September 29, 2008

Awesome Feelings

Well ladies and gentlemen, after a weekend that we just had what else do I need to say?
I have been completely slammed busy for the past 5 days trying to make sure that I assisted my better half with maintaining sanity and the spirit in our home while he attended class, while he did home work, while I maintained our home and went to the gym, made dinner and kept my sweet boy, Ka'le entertained (playing catch).

Wednesday night, I asked Nathan if he wanted his birthday present early because well, I can't keep a secret (hehehe) and Thursday night he had class and we wouldn't see each other at all that day so he said, "sure, but you know that all I want is a Nathan standard clean home" and I said, "yes, but I had already purchased the present and your response about a clean home comes from every day living, not a birthday present".

So, I told him that it was in the closet and that he could get it out. He had been in the closet at least 50 times in 2 weeks so that was a good place to put it, he wouldn't even have know it was there :o)

A shirt that didn't fit right, a pair of slacks for work that well, were totally not the right size and an avocado peeler (since he can eat those like I can eat cheese...if you know me, you'll know what I'm talkin' about). We chuckled because I didn't get anything right so he went to exchange it :o) I will have to say though, that the prices were right and I got a good deal so he was thrilled about that!

OK...on to Thursday, wow, this was weird...I did see Nathan during the day for lunch. He came to work and we had lunch and then he was off to the temple and to the store in Mesa that is "really" cheap and one can get good deals. The funny thing about it...I said to him, "hey, if you get anything cold, let me know and I'll come and get it and take it home so that it doesn't sit in the car while you are in class". Well, it was 4:00 and I was leaving work and I hadn't heard anything so I figured he was still in the temple so I left...oh, about 15 minutes later he calls and I am 1 exit away from the house and he says, "where are you?", I say, 1 exit from the house". He said, "well I have eggs, chicken and some other stuff". I thought, oh great, it is going to cook in the car and I have a million things to do for the big surprise Friday night, I don't want to go all the way back to his class and pick up the stuff in the car and because I wanted to go and do the Zumba class at the YMCA. Now, I was going to screw up my schedule.

OK...what to do...I got home, changed clothes, played with Ka'le and put him in the car, drove back to SE Phoenix, mind you, we live on the other side of Phoenix...I went back technically, to where I work, through traffic going east...if you live here, you know that it is terrible during rush hour going east on any highway! I stop and grab a sandwich for him at Subway, pick up the groceries from the car and leave...2 minutes later he calls, (I am already assuming that his class had started because it was 6 PM so I don't call to tell him I am there) and said that his instructor is running late I could have called to let him know I was there getting it all.

Once again, Karens assumptions are so the contrary. OK...that is twice so far today that I missed the boat....first the clothes then the food...what next, a warm bath?

Anyways, Ka'le is getting frustrated at this point and he wants out of the car, so by this point, he wants to sit in moms lap while she drives...OH NO, he doesn't. He has done that one time with me and I didn't like it and frankly, neither did he so he had to wait it out and sit in the back seat...once again, we are on our way back to the west valley. Another 30-35 trip! I have missed my Zumba class at this point, oh one thing I did do was put a load of laundry in before I left, so that was smart because it'll be done by the time I get back (yahhhooooo).

I get home, open the groceries and there is a huge back of mushrooms and 3 huge onions. I am thinking to myself, I must of done something really wrong because he bought things that I know nothing about in the kitchen! I laugh because it is funny...he is going to have to cook that on his own.

Anyways, I change out the laundry, play with Ka'le and go to the gym because I want to maintain that constant schedule. I returned and by that point, I was so tired, I couldn't even sit down. You know what I mean?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually in AZ we are not trying to legalize same sex marriage . . . which would be great. Instead, we are trying to defeat--for a second time--a constitutional amendment that defines marriage as between a man and a woman.

If you love each other . . . get married. That's all that matters.

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

NOT...legalizing that 2 woman marry each other...I don't think so...you are right...we all need to remember that marriage is between a man and a woman not between man and man and woman and woman. What is so hard about knowing that and having the federal government step in to our lives to make decisions for us and DEFINE what marriage is. Seriously please, do we seriously need to be told what a man is and what a woman is and what we can do and should do to be eterally happy. God created man and women and he actually gave the commandment that we should marry and procreate with each other. I didn't make up the rules, I am just fearing HIM at judgement rather than a mortal who thinks that they know more than he himself. I am so grateful for a loving Savior so that he can stand at my right hand and plead my life before the living father.
That is where I stand.