Followers

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Good times

I couldn't just let yesterday pass and not say anything. Thanks for letting me vent!
This week was about as normal as could be. I worked, mailed out invitations for my Fall Pampered Chef open house and also put things together for the big day in "October".

I actually ran to a store in Mesa on Saturday expecting to find all kinds of exciting things and when I got there, there was nothing. It was so sad...I'll seriously have to go back to the Party store and find "expensive" paper products again. I went on Friday and almost bought it there and thought, "no, I'll wait, I'll get it in Mesa cheaper"...NOT. Oh well, next time I'll go with my gut feeling.

I am going to have a jewelry party for a friend this week too but I don't think that it is going to fly because 1, the stuff is just so expensive and 2, who wears it? Everyone that I sent invites to responded back that they just don't wear it and didn't want to spend $$ on something they won't use...which, is I understand because I don't use it at all. Gail, a lady that I work with looked through the catalog and said, :wow, I can make all of this stuff and charge that price for it too and make good money".

Nathan finished his first class for MAED/CI and it was so exciting. He'll start class #2 Thursday. I'll be going to enrichment night and learning how to organize time and what ever else I need to organize and prioritize! It'll be fun. I usually go and practice the piano Wednesday night only but I think that this week, I'll do both nights as Nathan has a meeting and I have to go to the chapel again anyways :o)

I helped out with nursery today and it was so much fun. I could tell whose kids belonged to which parents because they are look like their parents and are have distinct features. It was fun. We played with puzzles, we colored, sang primary songs and had a lesson about families. Very well done. Each sister in there is in there for a reason and has distinct talents to bless the lives of those little ones.

I'll be in there next week for both hours and Mary Walker will be out of town and so I told her that I'd go in there and help out. Today I went so that the kids would know who I am and get to know me. Some of those kids are so sweet. I swear that one of those kids is autistic too. He is a good kid, just that his attention span is about as wide as his fist and was just bouncing off the walls and the funny thing is, he didn't bother anybody...he just did stuff on his own and didn't bother with anyone.

The kids that you'd think are normal are the ones that were acting crazy like though and bothering everyone else...parents, you know who you are and which kid is yours!

I substituted in primary about 6 months ago and there was an evil little girl in the class (the age group was 5) and I swear, I wanted to hang her by her toe nails and leave her outside in the heat. I know her parents and the mother is very nice and tries the best she can, but I think that this little girl is ADD too which is probably hard on mom. I don't know much about dad but I think that after watching him with the kids, he could be a little more involved and a little more strict.

This week, Nathan told me that our bishop is in the beginning stages of thyroid cancer. He has been ill for some time, at least all year and it was almost like flu like symptoms so you just never know. We've been in the ward for that long and it just seemed to linger around him and his family. Finally, they think they know what it is. My prayers go out to him and his family as he goes through this. He is in his early 30s and has 3 young boys under age 10.

Another sister in the ward, Bertha Johnson apparently has cancer again for the 2nd time and won't go through the medical advice of the doctor again because it was just way to difficult the first time and just can't do it again. I can understand that, my grandpa was the same way but wouldn't go through the doctor and medical stuff the first time ;o(

I think I'll be going to Hawaii in October. Kenji has to go with me as it is considered "overseas" if I catch a ride with Continental so we have to coordinate schedules. I'll go with him anytime as he is probably going to get me there fairly cheap. I'll just take the bus to grandmas house and throughout the island. I don't want to spend any more money than I have to while I am there. I'll be staying with President Steward, my mission president while I am there and if possible, probably staying with grandma if there is a cot for me to sleep on.

I applied for a position at work and was asked to continue the interview process but because they won't pay me what I was asking for I asked them to remove my name from the selection list. She said that she had heard a lot of awesome stuff about me and that she was sad that I couldn't continue. I told her that if she could find some $$ to pay me, I'd be glad to.

I also applied for a position for a project manager for Axia. Axia is online university for adults who want to start and finish a 2 year degree that we offer. I did get an email from the division VP that this week that they will contact me later when the position closes within the week. We'll see. I can't quit UOP because if I do, Nathan will lose his tuition benefits and so I'll have to last another year as his program finishes December 2009. Graduation being in November! Yahoo.

I have to go now...I have to make dinner.

Everything is awesome and I love the Lord and Nathan is my best friend and I love him.

Karen

1 comment:

desert mom said...

Congratulations to Nathan on his first MAED/CI class. Keep up the good work. Sorry to hear about your Bishop, may God bless him and his family.

Hope you can go to Hawaii, it should be a beautiful time of year then.
Much Love