Followers

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Calmer weather, calmer lives


Phew...a calmer week. It is about time!

We have done so much that work is actually the vacation :o)

My boss was on vacation this week so I had to step up to the plate at work and be there for my teammates if they needed anything. We had a couple of them sick this week and one had surgery. I went to visit with her on Saturday as she had surgery Friday morning and it was due to a lump found in her breast. It was so scary as she is not even 40 yet!


We actually had a normal week! Karen worked, Nathan worked and started class, oh yeah! I am so excited for him. He can explain it if any of you want to know....MAED/CI. So many doors will open for him!


I also applied for a managers position at work. I seriously don't want the position, I just want to apply and go through the motions and if they offer me the position, I'll turn it down. I won't make as much money as I would if I continue to stay in the position that I'm in. I actually like my job and I like the professionals that I work with so, having said that...I'll not take the position. Besides...money talks to Karen and if I can continue to make good money, well...enough said!


We had the most wildest storms here the past few days. There was thunder and lighting and the electricity and power went out for some here in the Phoenix valley. It rained so hard that Nathan couldn't leave campus because the hail and winds were just terrible so he waited for awhile before he left.


My friends Blake and Mandy Kimball gave birth to their beautiful baby girl, Jovie Shae during the terrible weather but she turned out beautiful. They have waited for so long to have a baby and I am so happy for them.


My brothers, Kenji and David should be here tomorrow. We'll see...we'll have a SMALL BBQ while they are here as we have meat in the freezer that needs to be eaten and those two boys will put it away!


I have a couple of parties that I need to put together. A friend of mine sells jewelry and it is pretty expensive but I told her that I'd do a party for her as she has just started her business. She'll do a pampered chef party for me in September too so it evens out :o)


Have a great week and God Bless America! I have another brother, Steven who is in Iraq and I am honored and blessed to have these men & women over seas protecting our free land and property and the liberty to choose and have the Gospel in our lives! These are seriously the last days and it is our duty to be obedient and of service to everyone and anyone to share the gospel with them. We are all going to need to know if it when our days come to a close.


Karen Wicke

1 comment:

desert mom said...

Glad to hear your life was a little calmer these past few days. Enjoy your time with your brothers. Hope Sept. is a good month for y'all.
My Love