Followers

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Wonderful Time of the Year

I enjoy this time of the year because it is a time that I focus more on the birth of the Savior and I know that is very sad so I need to work harder on remembering him even more throughout the rest of the year. None the less, it is also an wonderful time to forget about myself and focus on others.

At my ward Christmas party this last week, I sat with a family where the dad had just lost his job and they are waiting to hear back from a couple of places, however, in the meantime, they struggle like the rest of America at this time in history. I was talking to the little boy, about 7 years old who said that he LOVES Mac & Cheese and Top Ramen. I had to laugh because I thought, wow, wait until your 19, you won't like it so much anymore (the mission).

The next morning I found myself going from the Family History Center to Wal-Mart thinking to myself, I don't need anything at wal-mart, what am I doing here? I walked out with 10 boxes of Mac and Cheese and 10 things of Top Ramen and 2 packages of the wiener sausages that kids like because some have cheese and they are little. I really surprised myself, I went home, put it in a Santa Gift Bag and took it to church the next day and told them to not forget to take it home. I'm so grateful to have been able to sit by him and learn about him and what foods he likes and be able to help them out in a SMALL way. It was a pleasure and I was so happy to do it.

I'm going to be putting together cookie bags tonight and taking those out tonight too if I can find the time. I bought everything so I hope I have the time.

I still don't have my car back yet from the accident over Thanksgiving and it is getting old. I need to have it back so that I can at least do something over Christmas. I just called again hoping that they can give me some insight on it.

Well I need to wrap up work and get out of here, I have a million things to do.

Karen

No comments: