Followers

Thursday, December 02, 2010

Results of Thanksgiving

Ever told by the spirit to seriously not do something but you go against those feelings anyways and do them and then there are drastic results that either kick your butt or impede you from further growth?

Well, that is pretty much what happened to me on my trip up to Ft. Collins, CO. I knew that I wanted to go and I knew that if I went there would be precautionary measures that I would need to take. 1, I should have taken more money. I had $21 on me and that is what got me home actually. 2, I should have drugged Kale up even more than I did because then he wouldn't have whined so much. 3, I should have driven 30 miles an hour instead of 55 on black ice because then I would have avoided the unavoidable. 4, I wish that I would have taken warmer clothes. It was tops 20 degrees the entire time I was there. Kale didn't even like the nippy cold. He wanted to spend most of his time with me in the house bundled up.

I met some sweet awesome people. Monique and Isaac are in Greeley, CO which is 45 min from Amiee and so we met in the middle and hung out for the afternoon. It was awesome and we got to reminisce.

I will tell you this, that I KNOW that there are angels in my midst just as Elder Holland testified of; whether they are real and physical like you and me or they are by spirit. I had angels (people) help me pull my car out of the ditch on Hwy 25 northbound right south of Santa Fe at 5 am in the dark, in the snow when I hit black ice and then again when I was coming through Payson on that mountain from Gallup, NM on the 40, 277 & 377 highways. I don't remember driving any of it or even knowing where I was going. There were 3 cars that went that entire way with me being in the middle, a red car in the front and a silver car behind me. As soon as I came to civilization, those angels (cars) were gone. No more to be seen. What a miracle. Like I said, I had $21 in cash on me because I couldn't find my debit card but God provided angels and the ability to get home from after going back to Hollbrook 3 times because I was so lost and delusional with still a half a tank of gas. Coincidence? I don't think so, miracles and was Gods hands in that? Oh yea.

I'll post the pictures later as I thought that I had them here with me at work. I'll do it later tonight.

I've been sick all weekend too so that doesn't help any, I have lost my voice and its hilarious trying to call people to work and to get stuff done especially for the car and trying to get it fixed. I have a rental car right now because the insurance company wants to have it fixed and likewise, me too.

I had someone in Ft Collins fix the alignment on it so that I could drive it back and I picked up off the ground what I could and what was broken and put it in the trunk so that it is all together with the car now. The insurance company wanted to give me a rental to drive back to Chandler and they wanted to tow the the Nissan back but because it was still drivable I declined that. I told them that if the alignment couldn't be fixed, I'd totally do that but since the shop was able to do it in a timely manner, it was fine.

I have a little silver Bug. Its cute. I'm not sure though if it eats gas or not, I'll know more about that later when I have to fill it up.

I need to get to work. I started school again and I'm now in the MAED/AET program and this first class, the instructor is anal so I'm not sure if I like her, the class or the program based on this one terrible start. I think that it is just her which is fine because then I don't have to worry about here ever again, well in 5 weeks I don't.

No comments: