Followers

Monday, June 30, 2008

Another week

I can't even tell you have fast the month of June has just slipped by my eyes.
I had 2 weeks of alone time and didn't do my visiting teaching. I know, I'm a slacker. It's completely my fault.

Nathan was gone for 2 whole weeks up in Alaska enjoying the cooler weather and I stayed behind and worked and slacked off. Kenji, the older boy of the family works for Continental airlines and he was able to get Nathan up to Alaska for that time frame. We can't be any more grateful for that. It was so awesome of Kenji to do it and it was great to have Nathan finally go see his family.

I went to the chapel to practice the piano for my calling and did very little around the house so that says a lot about what I do by myself.

I did spend all of 1 Saturday cleaning the pool though. I got a pretty good tan while I was out there. It was nice to jump in the pool too. I did work both Saturdays too because it was OT and I could collect a little bit of extra $$ to pay off some bills.

The rest of the month is just a blur. I got a phone call from my very good friend Amiee Finster who lives in Fort Collins, CO who said that she wanted to come and visit. So, tomorrow (07/01) she is flying down for the week to spend time with me and hang out. It is my birthday coming up and she'll be here for that. I can't wait. It has been about 18 months since the last time I saw her. She and her family came in November 2007 to lay down the wood floors and go to Rocky Point, Mexico for Thanksgiving as a Thank You to them from me.

My new fun Pampered Chef business is taking off. I had 2 great parties in June and they were a lot of fun. One party had 5 people at the host home and they have been friends for 20 years. It was so awesome to watch them talk and laugh and hang out. The party was a success. I am hoping that it will take off so that I don't have to work so hard at my full time job!!

I have been interviewing TONS for other positions with Apollo Group. This darn company just doesn't want to pay me. I have worked so hard and have done extremely well, which is a blessing and I feel like I keep hiting a glass ceiling. The latest has been in Concord, CA. I told them my annual salary and they never got back to me, so their loss.

I also just had an interview for Virginia Beach, VA and I'm in the waiting process for an answer from them.

Nathan also is in the waiting process to be hired by the state to work at the juvey center for boyss up north at Pinnacle Peak. He pretty much as the job it is just a matter of timing to get all the preliminary stuff out of the way. Training probably doesn't start until the end of July but we're going to see if he can begin training earlier. It'll be nice for him and to keep his mind busy and thought process functioning.

July is busy too. I have so much going on already. My birthday is this weekend, a PC party the following, graduation the 3rd weekend and the pioneer day weekend. Not only am I busy, but this is my Christmas at work too so I am extremely busy at work too. Wow. I'll be able to breathe when this summer is over.

Well, life is green and fruitful. Life is good, we've been blessed a great deal with protection from the evils and adversary of the world and the terrible elements of this earth. It has been fabulous.

Have a great day.

1 comment:

desert mom said...

I can't wait to read your next blog. Hang in there, the summer will be over before you know it. What a great day to have a Birthday, the whole country celebrates with you. A Great Big Happy Birthday to you. We will be seeing you on the 19th. Our Love...