Followers

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fathers Day

Hi family and friends,
Sundays for me is the most meaningful day of the entire week. It is a time where I can reflect of how I am not the most obedient or loving daughter, sister, wife or friend. Today, I learned that even Alma the younger gave up all that he had to be a member missionary. He went from the prominent judge with having everything, to being a servant where he ended up begging for food, via Amulek. I am learning that it is OK to go without and what I do have I can part with and share with those who don't have.

There are 2 different types of hearts and I know that I jump from one to the other trying to do what is right and what the Lord wants me to do. There is the heart of pride, aka...$$, houses, cars, time, clothing, our physical appearance. The other heart is where I need to be teachable, humble, submissive and willing to do as the Lord sees fit for my life.

People at church today asked when Nathan was coming back. I couldn't smile big enough and tell them Friday morning :o) I'll work all week long and when he calls on Friday, I'll be ready to go and see the weekend through :o) From what he says, he has had a great time and is ready to come home and start working again! He is really excited.

Well, what did this week look like for me? I worked, worked and did some more working including overtime on Saturday. The gas price here is $4.05. I go to work and stay there and come home and stay here. I am bored out of my mind too. Its crazy. I cleaned the pool out on Saturday and got a tan...OK, a little sun burnt but it'll tan over.

Ka'le didn't care to much for the hot sun yesterday so he stayed in the house most of the time. We have been trying to go on walks but it is to hot now for his little paws and I can see that he is skipping and trying to get off the ground pretty quickly so we'll have to start doing late night walks which actually sucks for me because I want to be in bed by 9 PM as I get up very early.

I went and practiced the piano again this week. It was fulfilling. I played for about 1 hr and took Ka'le with me and we had a good time. We are trying to get there before other people do so that way Ka'le isn't a bother to them.

The dog, Sammy across the street is in "Heat" so she is attracting the ugliest dogs from all walks of dog life. Everyday, there are at least 4-5 dogs over there with her. Ka'le sees them and just wants to play with her and they get all pissy and growl at him. We'll see how cute those puppies are going to be. We'll see what kind of dog finally wins her over :o)

I got the rejection email from North Carolina so we're not going there as I had mentioned there. I did get a phone call from San Francisco, CA though. We have been playing phone tag since Thursday. If they can offer me an offer that I can't refuse, yeah, we'll go...if they can't offer it, well, we'll stay put for now.

Nathan is supposed to be getting back with the Dept of Corrections to teach this summer and hopefully this next year which is really exciting. I am really proud of him. He just needs to realize that this might be exactly what he should be doing because he is good at it and not only will he learn a lot from it but someone that he teaches will learn something and use it for the rest of their lives.

It has been interesting to have Nathan be gone the past week. I didn't realize how much I'd miss him until he was gone and he explained to me how much he wanted to be back home too. Wow...we have only been married 9 months, I wonder what it will be like after 50 years? I know...it'll be worse!

This next week, I have a Pampered Chef show that I am doing at a friends house Friday afternoon and an exchange party on Saturday. What is that you ask? There are 4-5 of us that sell certain things and so once a month we'll all get together and order something so that our self employed businesses and friends can get their businesses off the ground. Lets see, it includes Pampered Chef, Southern Living, Partylite and StampUp ( at least I think that is what it is). It should be a lot of fun and productive.

Well, I want to get something ready for dinner so I'm going to close for now.

Hope all goes well for Fathers Day. To all those fathers, whether biological or not, may God continue to bless you with the ability to teach, love, cherish and honor your place in this big, awesome world as a father, son, uncle, brother and spouse. Us females, we love you. I know that I love you.

Karen

3 comments:

desert mom said...

It has been hot and we really need rain! However when I hear about the flooding and other storms that are going on I think of all the blessings Heavenly Father gives to me. We truly are blessed and the greatest blessing is the Gospel of Jesus Christ restored to the Earth. My favorite day is Sunday too.

Hope this week goes by fast for you.

California is a beautiful State there's no doubt to that. Especially in the Bay Area and North. I know the Lord will direct you to where he needs you. Have a great week.

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

Thanks mom for your great words of wisdom. The Lord will guide us and he is totally doing it now.

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

by the way...did you get the statue home safe and sound?
I hope it is up where you can see it everyday.
Hope you and dad love it.
karen