Followers

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Happy 4th of July

Good afternoon everyone.
I hope Sunday is being good to everyone.
I have had a very long and tense week. My very good friend Amiee Finster flew in from Fort Collins, CO to spend time with me for the week. She is 4 months pregnant and actually looks like she is ready top pop any day!! She has been a little miserable because of the heat and probably a little family deprived as Max her husband and two kids, Portia and Payton are in Utah visiting family and doing some work on his parents home. However, it has been a treat to have her here for the 4th of July to celebrate the nations and mine birthdays!!!

She also was able to meet Nathan for the 1st time as well, which has been quite interesting because they are so smart and so intellectual, that I can't keep up with their conversations so I just get up and go do something else while those two converse. It has been interesting.

Amiee and I have swam a couple of times and the water in the pool felt so good. It was like bath water. It was for me almost kind of gross because it was like taking a shower. For Amiee, it felt pretty good and that was at 9 PM.

Friday afternoon we went with Traci Astle to the parents home of Jason Walker. He is married to Jessica and they are due the end of July so she was feeling pretty under the weather. It was great fun though. We got in the pool at their home too. That was very nice...it felt so good.

My birthday was calm. As mentioned, we just kind of hung out and didn't do much.

Thursday though we got up and went and saw two movies, Wall-E and Hancock. Both were pretty good. Nathan and I are learning that it isn't worth the money to go to the movies anymore so those two were probably the last movies we'll ever see in the theater. We can wait for them to come out on video.

I was given a cake and plant at work for my birthday on Wednesday which was so sweet for those from work. It was nice.

Today as we went to church, it just seemed so scarce because of the holiday. There are a lot of families having their babies so there were some mothers not there as they had their babies this past week. There was a family there, the Ramirez family who had their baby on 06/27...so she braved it and attended church which was awesome.

My friend Traci and I are going to be doing paper invites for graduation this week so that I can pass them out this next week at church.

Nathan has seriously reconsidered graduate school for Marriage and Family Therapy. There is a school here in AZ that he can attend for 2 years, 60 credits later and have an MS in Counseling with an emphasis in marriage and family therapy. He will be fantastic with it. He's so in tune with feelings and meeting peoples needs that he'll be awesome with that type of work. I'm actually really excited for him. At first, I was a little skeptical because I know nothing about about the degree and what the benefits of it will be but after reading about it and considering it through prayer and talking to Nathan about it, I've actually learned a lot about it and feel that it is an awesome field of study.

We're on our way to the Tuggles for the monthly ice cream social. We're going to take Amiee so that she can meet some of the families in our ward. It'll be sweet, it usually is because of the different families that attend.

I'll write more later this week.

Love everyone...hope all are healthy and happy.

2 comments:

desert mom said...

It's wonderful to have good friends. Glad that you're enjoying one of yours. My best to her as she and her family welcomes a new one into their family. Glad to hear that Nathan is considering going back into that field. I agree with you but he needs that degree.

Today was our first Sunday with the new time schedule. Our meetings start at 1 pm now. I like the new schedules changing in July. It really helps getting use to before school starts again.

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

Thanks, friends are awesome. Hey, by the way, did you get the statue home OK?