Followers

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Alaska Excursion

Hi everyone.
Another busy week we have had. Monday I worked & Nathan went and had his first initial interview with the Arizona Juveline Correction Center to substitute teach for either the summer or the next school year. We got a call on Thursday that he passed the first interview process which was so awesome they are just waiting for the results from the exam that he took. I guess that once that is OK and he passes, he can continue on to bigger and better things. We'll see :o)

Tuesday, well, Tuesday was an entire day all by itself this week. I went to work as normal, expecting to put in about 12 hrs that day and well, at 9:30, Nathan called and asked me to pick him up at Abes car center, where he took the Honda to get it fixed because something fell out of the bottom of it that has to do with the steering. I about died, I couldn't believe it.

Then, we are driving along back to drop me back off at work and Kenji, my brother calls to tell me that he go the buddy passes to fly and so I ended up taking the rest of the day off so that we can shop and get everything Nathans family would need so that we could pack it for his flight to Anchorage, AK. Yep, Thursday morning, we got Nathan off to Anchorage to visit his sister, her family and one of his younger brothers, Forrest.

Well, back to Tuesday. I applied for a job with the Institute of Professional Development, located in South Carolina. Ironically, about 3 minutes after I sent my resume, I received a phone call from Wallace Cook, the director, president. I was so excited. I gave him some of my information and he said that he would call back as he was going to be on vacation! Ha, can you believe it? South Carolina. I couldn't keep it quiet from Nathan for very long. I wanted to surprise him but I couldn't not say anything.

I have been looking for homes all week long. They are so beautiful back there. There is grass, trees, land for my puppy and beautiful new developments. I could transfer there for the exact same amount of pay that I have now because things are so much cheaper there than here. We'll know more within the next couple of weeks. We are so excited. The employer is located in Greenville and there are tons of small towns/suburbs around it.

There is a temple in Columbia, SC. There are 4 wards in Greenville and surrounding areas. I have also applied for a few jobs at the University of South Carolina. We'll see. I never thought that I'd go back east for any reason. Nathan is so stinkin' excited as well because there are so many job opportunities there too.

Wednesday night, we went to the chapel so that I could practice the piano so that I could be ready for church today, and well during the songs, I messed up tons so it didn't matter that I went. I'll keep going though. I need to so that it doesn't sound terrible again.

Thursday night, Nathan called and said that he got to Anchorage OK and that it was beautiful. I'm hoping that he takes lots of pictures and then comes home and that part of his life is closed...meaning that he won't want to go back anymore. He'll be camping and fishing while being up there. Some people in our ward are so jealous that he is there. The kept saying that they wish that they were there fishing right along with him.

The heat has now kicked in down here in the Southwest. It is the start of our warm season. It has been about 102 degrees for the past 3 days and this wee, it is supposed to hit 105. I'll go outside with Kale later in the evening and in the early morning but not during the hot part of the day. I don't want his paws getting burnt or him jumping on me to carry him, which I'll do anyways.

Needless to say, this will be a long and busy week. I plan on working 12 hr days Mon-Wed, half day on Thurs so that I can go to the cannery to do some work and then half day on Fri as I have a pampered chef party at 1 PM with Claudia Pace. It'll be fun. The last party was fun.

Oh, that is another thing. I have set up my website with pampered chef and have had tons of people tell me thanks as they can now order stuff. Nathan is more excited about it than I am...don't get me wrong, I am very excited, but he is really excited because it is something that we can both do and the income stays with the family and it doesn't go anywhere else!!

Well, its not even dinner time here yet, but I want some soup. I want a salad, so I'm going to give that a try tonight. I have eaten so many Popsicles lately, that I am popsicled out ;o}

Church today was wonderful. The spirit was there so strong, testifying of the divinity of the Savior and that I am a loved daughter of Heavenly Father and that because of Jesus Christ, I can return to live with them both.

Hope everyone has a great week. I love everyone!!

Karen

3 comments:

desert mom said...

I love to hear what's happening with y'all. It is green and lots of trees in South Carolina. I served half of my mission in Columbia, SC and the other half in Atlanta, Ga. My Great Grandfather is from Mount Erie, North Carolina. My maiden name is Haymore and there is a Haymore Memorial Baptist church in Mt. Erie. A member of our Ward attended that church in her youth. She's trying to get the history of the church for me. What exciting days you have ahead of you. Love Eternally, Mom
ps Hope Nathan gets lots of fish. Did he tell you about the big one he caught a few years back?

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

Thanks for the mission update mom. I didn't know that you served your mission there. That is fabulous.

The big fish that Nathan caught? Hum, I'm going to have to talk to him about that. I don't think that he has mentioned it to me.

I'll keep everyone updated about the move if we get it...if the Lord sends us there, that is where we'll go.

The Haymore Baptist Church, sounds interesting!

alicia said...

I didn't know you guys were thinking of moving! How fun to have a change. Best of luck both of you and keep us posted.