Followers

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sick week

This week has been fun. Since last Sunday I have been very busy. I have taught 2 evenings this week of ELL to adults. I loved it and was substituting for Tracy Astle, our friend as she was gone for a trip with her grandmother.

Where is my grandma, I wish we'd go on a trip together! That would rock :o)

Anyways, Nathan has been sick since last Sunday. He only worked 1 day this week and that same day he went to class and it about killed him and so he has been trying to rid of the stupid flu/sinus infection that is killing him. This is kind of gross, but get this, you know the flem and crap that is in your throat and when you cough or sneeze and blow your nose it comes out (well, sometimes), get this...it was coming out of his eyes! Yep, it was coming out of the inner corner of his eyes. It was so nasty. All he does it take medicine and sleep, which I am grateful for. I get stuff done when he is in knocked out!

I have worked long hours this week, it seemed like. I am still #1 for the division. I really enjoy what I do. I go to work for my teachers and really enjoy working with them.

I also went to nursery today. Those poor kids. One little girl Madison makes herself physically sick if she doesn't have mom, dad or grandma there with her. She threw up all over me, all over the floor, all over her clothes and there was yeah, well, no change of clothes for herself. I kept telling her that if she throws up she'll have to stay in class with me because she wasn't going to go to mom, dad or grandma. I told her that if she didn't play and be nice and hang out with other kids, she wasn't going to be able to come to nursery anymore. She cried for a little bit and then started to hang out with the other kids. She smelled bad, but I don't care...she was away from her parents! She'll do better from this time forward.

There are new brothers, Seth and Jeffrey that are in the class who are 3 and 2. They fought and cried and threw themselves on the floor the entire time. I seriously wanted to laugh at the entire nursery the whole time I was there because I couldn't believe what they were doing. Seth even nailed me a few times with a fist and boy was he mad. I can understand that though, they are new and in a new class with new kids and teachers and parents are leaving them somewhere new. They just want dad most of the time. Kayden Ramirez is a complete crack up. He wants to be in charge of everything so he pushes other kids around to do it. After he pushes them, you have to tell him to not push or hit and so then he'll walk up to them and give them a kiss or hug. It is so funny because that other kid is like, what the heck you just nailed me and now you're given me loves...whatever and they walk away.

Brin, a husky little girl is so funny. She is a pusher and bully too. She'll kick but when she gets older and then get her butt kicked if she doesn't learn to keep her hands and feet to herself too. She'll realize that there will be bigger kids than her and they'll kick her tail if she touches them...with time, she'll learn.

We played games and danced today in class, so other than the kicking and screaming, it was a great day.

Sacrament meeting was refreshing. The spirit was there as I had prayed for it this morning to help me decide whether or not I needed to take a few online classes to certify to teach middle school here in AZ. I'd like to. I know that the money will change, but that is OK. If I can get the DOE to take away student loans, I'll take the deduction in pay. That'll help! I did feel fine to do it so this week I'll look into taking Structured English Immersion, Arizona History and the US Constitution class along with Introduction to Middle School: Curriculum and Instruction. I know there will be other classes, but these are usually the main ones. I'll know about the others later. These classes I can have done by January if I schedule them right. The Clark Family spoke and they gave wonderful lessons of being selfless and even that even though we try, we can always try harder and then the Lord will bless us more and give us more for just trying.

Well, I need to get ready for bed. I've been going to bed late and I hate it so I need to be ready for bed no later than 9:30 PM.

Have a great day.

No comments: