Followers

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Conversion Story

Any how, I had to be ready and have money saved. My bishop, Bishop Thompson said that my parents were very faithful and mailed a check to the ward every month on the same day. He said that it arrived the same day every month. I was so blessed and so where my parents. I had 1/3 of my mission, my parents had another 1/3 and my grandma Nihipali claimed the other 1/3. School was put on hold and FA would be ready for me to return in January 1999.

Kenji came to UT for a few days prior to the MTC so he was already set apart as an Elder and that was awesome so we went to the temple in Logan. That was cool.

Here is a story that one would find awesome, I would think. I was whining to my stake president about not being able to participate in the whole UT pioneer day in July because of being in the MTC and he told me to just clam it or not go. So, as you know, I went. Little did I know again, that through a loving Heavenly Father he allowed ALL missionaries in the MTC sing at the pioneer sesquicentennial celebrationat Cougar Stadium at BYU in Provo. I'll never forget it, we sang Called to Serve. I'll never forget the spirit of faith, hope and love that was there. I'll never forget seeing those in attendance crying and waiving and watching all the missionaries pile in the stadium and sing. I'll never forget the feelings that I had of Love for my Heavenly Father for again hearing my pleads and answering my silly prayers about wanting to participate in the state pioneer day celebration. God, no matter how small or insignificant our wants are, always answers our prayers when he is ready and when we are in need and ready to receive the answers.

OK, this is probably more than what the stake president wanted but it all ties together.

I returned from my mission on a Monday night, Tuesday I moved back in to a rented basement with my friend Amiee, my stuff was brought to me that same afternoon. I had my old job back with Oshmans and school started that next Monday. We went to campus and registered for classes, walked across the street and registered for institute. Again? Yes, again. Why not, I had a testimony of the gospel and my savior and still had plenty of room for growth :o)

I graduated from Weber State in May 2000. I went to Mexico for 2 months and studied with other returned missionaries. I married a non member which was really dumb but I do have to say that again, I grew and new that the gospel meant more to me now then it did ever in my life. I was there for 4 years. I never faulted. I went to the temple, I attended enrichment night, I went to church, I held calligs, I participated in activities and then, the light got brighter that he was just a dud and not only could he not hold a job, he was falling farther into a black hole that I didn't want any part of. I had already been there, why would I go back? See ya, so I left and moved to Mesa, AZ in March 2005. I was seperated in September 2004 and the divorce was final in February 2005. I bought a condo there and 11 months later I sold it and bought a cute little house in Phoenix.

I love my Heavenly Father. I love how he created opportunities for growth and opportunites for me to either learn to follow the Savior or fall off the fence in the other direction. I attended the Glendale Singles Ward in Glenda, AZ from July 2006 to August 2007. I met my dear sweet husband, Nathaniel Wicke there. We come from different ends of the spectrum but we need each other and lean on each other for support and love and to cry on each others shoulders and help lift each other up. We compliment each other and teach each other different things. Wow, do I learn a lot from him. It's amazing :o)

We are currently in the Tolleson Ward in the Phoenix Maricopa West Stake and have the best callings ever - - - Nursery. We love it. These kids are so cute and so sweet and want to be loved and give love. They sing, they laugh, they love, they teach and they are Gods children and I am able to, in Karens words, hang with them an we love it.

Well, this is my conversion story. I hope that it is helpful and that one learns a little bit about me. I am a smartalic and prideful and if I'm right, well, I can still learn something new and apply it to my life now. There is always room for growth.

I exhort everyone and anyone to read the Book of Mormon at least 1 time in their life, follow the invitation of Moroni and ask if the things that you've read are true and if they are...don't faulter and sige!

THE BOOK OF MORMON
ANOTHER TESTAMENT OF JESUS CHRIST
Title Page
Introduction
The Testimony of Three Witnesses
The Testimony of Eight Witnesses
Testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith
A Brief Explanation about The Book of Mormon
First Nephi (1 Ne.)
Second Nephi (2 Ne.)
Jacob (Jacob)
Enos (Enos)
Jarom (Jarom)
Omni (Omni)
Words of Mormon (W of M)
Mosiah (Mosiah)
Alma (Alma)
Helaman (Hel.)
Third Nephi (3 Ne.)
Fourth Nephi (4 Ne.)
Mormon (Morm.)
Ether (Ether)
Moroni (Moro.)


God knows EVERY one of his children. I know he knows and loves you. I know that he loves me for as imperfect as I am. I know that he allows the sun to shine on the good and the bad and that rain comes to those who need it and those who don't. I know that Jesus Christ decended to this earth life to experience it and to allow me to return to our father. I know that Jesus lives and that he was born of Mary, appeared to Joseph Smith,Jr and visited the Nephites in the American continent. I know that he knows who I am and that he loves me and wants me back with the father when he deems it necessary. I know that life has its ups and downs and what we do with them will determine what we obtain in life after earth life. I humbly share my life with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Oh, Some of my lifes experiences have been omitted because if the Lord has forgiven me, you don't need to know and I don't need to remember it myself. Don't forget, that the repentance process is a wonderful thing and when the Lord says that he remembers the sin no more, he is serious and doesn't remember it anymore and neither should the person, hense, there are some things that I don't mention here because frankly, I don't remember and don't care to share them :o)

www.lds.org

2 comments:

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

part 2, it all wouldn't fit together under the same blog.

desert mom said...

Karen,
Thank you for letting us get to know you better. I'm so glad you turned your life around and have grasped the iron rod.
Much Love