Followers

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Another great week...

Hello world!
This has been an emotional and exciting week. Nathan found out that a wonderful friend passed away up in Alaska from a major heart attack and he was only 34 years old! Can you imagine being so young.
I learned from my bishop today that the Savior embraced him when he crossed through the vail so he is home and happy and still working hard. I didn't even get to meet him but one day when I cross over to the other side, I'll thank him for being a great friend to Nathan and his family.

I worked this week and it was voting week and also taught another week of English as a Second Language! Everything was a blast. I also was able to attend and be a part of a Holiday Bazaar. It was really fun and I'd do it again.

Let me just say this about voting. I don't know much about politics and I frankly rather leave it that way. I do know that I voted (early mail in ballot) and that I did my civic duty. Nathan went and worked the polls and swears that he'll never do it again...it just through his schedule around and he didn't like that. I'll also say that for those who voted, good for you and for those of you who didn't shut your pie hole and deal with it ;o)

I received the first place award from work for my division for being #1 for the past 8 months running. I have worked hard and I have to give all of that recognition to my Heavenly Father for allowing me to work, have the health and strength and courage to do it. There were times during this past year that I just wanted to throw in the towel and give up. I also need to give Nathan my definite better half kudos for putting up with me and allowing me to vent, stress out, work long hours and give in every once in a while. He has been supportive and has been very patient through this year. I'm getting ready to head up another busy year. Right now its slow at work because teachers are teaching and not thinking about their licenses but for some reason, I seem to be keeping busy which is a good thing, don't get me wrong!

I've been able to listen to general conference since about the week after conference ended back in October and I love it. It allows me to feel the spirit and to enjoy God sent words and necessary things for me so that I am happier throughout the days and weeks. I take it to the gym and also to work and where I am throughout the day. Its great...I don't have to engage in worthless worldly conversations! Technology is wonderful.

I also received an awesome email from my brother, Steven who is currently serving in the armed forces, in Kawait...I've posted a part of it below because this is what drives me to do well and to be a good "big sister".

Karen, I don't usually check my email, Nell does. I contact her and I get my info through her. I was just on tonight reading though and saw this email, I don't know what it is about what you type or how you say it, but I definitely need more of it. I'm grateful to have a sister thats been there and is so strong. There are things that only you will know, and know how to deal, I know I can count on my big sis to look after me n my family, as I'm gone. I know you love and support the military whether its right or wrong, I know you support me and my family in anything you can, and I love you for that. I guess... I just needed to put that out there, I don't say it enough, I miss you and I love you for being there for my family and I. Again, I love you and thank you for being there for me and my family- Steven

This really made my week. I think that I read it Saturday afternoon when I needed it the most.

Lets go Arizona Cardinals...they aren't doing to bad and the Suns, well they are doing extremely well too...they could do better...I'm actually talking about losing to Chicago...that was a sad game, other than that...they're great. I am a Seattle Seahawks fan too but dang it, when your team is in last place and not favored to do anything but be a punching bag for the other teams...well, I'll go for the team that is "sort of winning"....not anything like the Tennessee Titans are though. If they go to the superbowl, I'll cheer for them :o)

This next week will be busy too. I have never been so busy in my life until I got married...we are always on the go and always doing something.

Oh, just a little FYI...I made pumpkin cheesecake that was just oh, so yummy and also pumpkin muffins that were just oh so scrumptious! I was so proud of myself that I was able to do it and not kill anyone and have it be eaten all of it.

I am busy at work this week as I am doing new hire training on 3 different days and have my own work that I need to do...I'll be networking too and that makes me excited because I get to meet knew people and obtain referrals from them and give back to them as I am able.

Nathan isn't feeling well as he has a terrible sore throat and a head that feels like someone is beating it with a bat, so I'm keeping on the down low with him this week too...hopefully we don't have to go to the Dr office...he isn't insured yet until January ;oP.

He is enjoying school though, he enjoys his instructors and classmates, he has awesome stories that he tells from what his classmates go through as teaches every day. He is also enjoying his substitute teaching too. He learns something new every day and its awesome to listen to his stories.

I'm tired and just want to relax before I go to bed to get ready for a very busy week.

1 comment:

desert mom said...

yummm, Pumpkin Cheesecake and pumpkin muffins sounds good to me. I'm going to drag out my pumpkin recipes.

I Love to get letters/emails from family members with those sentiments.

"Busy" mostly means "happiness". Have a Happy and wonderful week.
Much Love