Followers

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Long time no write

I know, it has been awhile since I've written anything and it may be a little while more so I figured that I'd do it now while I'm thinking about it.

I've been so busy lately and so grateful for being busy. Poor little Kale is my only concern though and I'm so grateful for the time that I have to spend with him as he plays and runs at the dog park and as I meet new, sweet people. How can a single person over the age of 35 be so busy and she doesn't have any children? Well, let me just tell ya.

I started a 2nd masters and I'm in class, I teach the 4 yr old primary kids, I attend firesides and baptisms, I fellowship lass actives and new members by going to dances, firesides and group dinners. I attend the temple, do family history and try to get the youth to do the baptisms for these family members.

I attend dinners and ward members homes with the less active friend, missionaries and the non-member/part-member family.

I spend time with good friends and play Wii and card games to make new friends and relationships. I go on dates and attend concerts and have dreams about the guys I'm going with (which I will NOT talk about unless it is with the person that I dreamed about). I do homework, take Kale to the dog park and still happen to get in CSI and What not to Wear on TV. I do my visiting teaching and meet new sisters in the ward and go to the temple grounds to just walk around with and hang out.

I talk to friends to setup times to meet and go with to Tucson for a Singles Conference, I have tickets to attend General Conference in April and so I've setup time to go and spend time with friends there too.

Kenji my brother is coming in April over Easter weekend and I just found out that my stake has stake conference that weekend so we are going to squeeze Las Vegas, St. George, Cedar City and Kanab and stake conference all in 4 days. I want to be back for the conference because my stake president is being released to become a new mission president in Venezuela. I'm hoping that Kenji will have energy to go to the Mesa LDS Easter Pageant the night he arrives so I'm hoping to do that while he is here too.

I have a trip planned to go back up to Utah for the Manti pageant in June and I'm so excited for that. I have a trip planned with friends to go to San Diego for a singles conference and I'm sooo excited. I bought my ticket for Hawaii for the first full week of September and I can't wait. I'm going to stay in town because I want to be close to downtown for the cemeteries and for the records offices so that I can work on family history and get some more information.

In the mean time, I'm slammed with tons of other fun things like, laundry, cleaning my house, making sure that I pay all my bills, oh I'm so grateful for the Internet and automatic payments. It helps TONS!

I still read my scriptures every morning. I know that because of this, I can get through my days and am able to carry on and do things that the Lord needs me to do at this time. I am grateful for Heaven on Earth and for its peace and solace.

My mom is getting worse with her health so may not be with us mentally for very much longer which I am OK with. I am at so much peace with what is happening to her and with how my dad is dealing with it. I am so grateful again to be where I am so that I don't stress out about it because I would take it personal and I can't. I can't change what is happening nor do I want to. The Lord has what is happening to her in HIS hands and that is what comforts me.

My shower head broke right off  and I fixed it with the help of my friend Jacob and I'm so grateful for his help. It took a whoppin' 20 minutes to do, if that and its wonderful. I just received an email from my landlord to knock off the price of the shower head and $35 from the next rent. Yahoo, I'm tellin' ya, its little things like that; that I'm grateful for.

I need to get to work, so I'm closing for now. I hope to buy a new computer within the next month so I'll be posting pictures of places, people and things I see and visit.

Karen Nihipali Wicke

No comments: