Followers

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Welcome to Chandler

I've been in Chandler since the first part of July and believe it or not, I kind of like it. Everything is soooo close and if it wasn't so HOT I'd actually walk to a lot of places. I'm looking for a place to live right here in Chandler because the ward wants me to stay and so does the Lord so I'm going to stay put. I have made a few friends so far here and the members of the ward are wonderful. They are rich, professional people. One sister is a retired school nurse after 17 yrs and she at one point owned her own floral shop. I want to become her new best friend since I love to work with flowers...she can show and help me a lot.

The RS president is awesome. She has called me and talked to me about my back, the cancer center, the trial that I'm currently going through and so forth. She has had her share of trials too. She told me that she lost her first husband and her children in a tragic airplane crash. What? Wow, seriously. I didn't know what to say. I couldn't believe it and the the best thing ever, she said, I'll see them again, I'm totally fine with it. What a wonderful sister.

I have Roxie here at Toni's with me. She doesn't care to much for the yellow lab. He is big and she is a little timid so she tends to sit on me, sleep with me and go with Kale and I walking every time we go outside. I try to take her everywhere so that she doesn't have to be alone or "bullied" by the "bigger" dog. Toni and her family love her though. Roxie is just Roxie and just sweet. Kale will hang out with her and they're good pals.

I am almost finished with my class. I have 4 days left. I have a 1050 word paper to write and a final exam. I'm scared to death to begin the exam. Just now, thinking about it, it makes my stomach turn. I don't do well with automated, timed and multiple choice tests. I fail them all of the time.

I want to go see a movie next week but can't think of which one to see. I'll have to make up my mind though quickly because the following week, I'll be in HI. Yeah!!

Tiffany called this week to tell me that she is totally excited. We can't wait. We're going to have soooo much fun.

I need to get some sleep. I'm running on about 8 hrs of sleep in 3 days. I can tell that it is killing me.

Be happy, the Lord loves you and me. Because of the atonement and because of the Savior we are all going to go through trials and great joys in this life. I know that he lives. I know that blessings come from living the gospel and following the counsel of the prophets.

Love,
Me

No comments: