Followers

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

OK, the tragedy

Yes. Nathan said that he doesn't want to be married anymore. Yes, he said it Tuesday night. Yes, ALL the signs were there and YES, I'll add anything to my blog that I want to add.
There were signs for the past year and Karen chose to ignore them. He says that he didn't know until Sunday night

Yes, he said that he went to the temple and it was confirmed to do it after he talked to my mom. Yes, he said that we should part ways. Yes, I am changing my name back to Nihipali because it is cooler. Yes, I am shocked but then again, not really because like I said, all the signs were there and he said that he didn't have a clue until Sunday.

Example:
"I want to go to Harvard", says Nathan.

"That is great", says Karen. "What am I supposed to do while you go to Harvard?" she adds.

"I don't know, you can come if you want to".

Another example:

"When I finish my degree and get a real job and can support myself, I don't need to be married anymore". Seriously, true statement. He said that in the Fall 2009 when he finished his program of study.

And he didn't have a clue? I beg to differ. What do you think about all day long?
Yes, it sucks and it is going to be a lengthy divorce because the Wickes take their sweet time in getting things done. They are not quick and ALWAYS late.

Yes, I am in AZ and will be living in Chandler with my puppy. Yes, my family knows. He said that he wants a wife that is close to her mother, or someone that he can feel the spirit closer with, whatever that means.

Yes, he said that he can't feel the spirit when he is around me, whatever that means. You can't feel the spirit with your spouse if you are not doing celestial things. So, duh, its not a wonder.

Yes, we stopped reading scriptures, saying family prayer (even though he says we did, but I beg to differ and that they were in vain) and going to the temple together. I can't remember the last time we did. When the prophet says to study and ponder the scriptures together as a couple, he isn't saying to just read them and then part your ways. He is saying to talk about them and share your testimony with one another about them. We've NEVER done that and it sucks.

Sucks, doesn't it? Yes, it does.

Am I bitter? No. We all have our own choices. After stating the reality of it all, he might read this and think that I am bitter and think that I am being negative, but you know, someone has to be real.

Thanks for all of your prayers, your support and your honesty. I don't like any tinkering around with stuff. Fluff is not what it is about and I feel like this relationship was fluff and I do apologize to everyeone for making it seem that it was better than it really was, for obvious reasons.

Karen Nihipali

4 comments:

mmendji said...

Karen,

Hi honey! So I didn't think the whole 'single' thing was real- I just thought it was a joke or a mistake, but now after reading the blog I know the truth. I am proud of how you are handling this- a girl has to be practical about things! It is tough, and tragic. I am here if you want to talk or vent or whatever! I have lost my phone with all my numbers in it so call me sometime since I don't have your number anymore.

Melissa Mendji 208-403-5618

desert mom said...

Karen,
We've been praying that things would work out for you two. I'm so sorry.

I am sincere when I say, please keep in touch.

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

So, Dot, you like your son, knew that it wasn't going to work out? He knew from the beginning and still went along with it anyways. He knew that he didn't want to be married to me. He knew that he didn't like or even love me and he knew that he was going to do this. I know this because he told me.

He said that he didn't know until 07/27 but that is a lie and he knows it. He owes me all of my things. He has it and wasted all of his energy, money and resources and took it with him even though he knew and now he has to spend his time and money again to bring it all back. Now, that is stupid and doesn't make sense.

Alicia Fish said...

Well I can certainly empathize, and think you have an incredible attitude about everything. Let me know a good time to chat.

Alicia

928.358.8253