Followers

Monday, July 12, 2010

Forever already

Nathan on the Dallas Cowboy Star, Cowboy Stadium, Dallas, TX
Karen on the Dallas Cowboy Star, Cowboy Stadium, Dallas, TX




OK, I know that it has been since January 2010 since I posted anything. Can you believe that half of 2010 is over and that Christmas is around the corner?

I am in shock and just whipping through this year. What has happened since January, my gosh.

February 2010, started the new G-HRM Certificate and will finish 08/02 (which is just 3 weeks away) and took Cherry to Nogales, Mexico where she could say that she has been. We didn't even have a chance to go to Rocky Point while she was here. Sad days, oh well.

March 2010, took Cherry and Collette to the beautiful Grand Canyon and it was soooo stinkin' cold.

April 2010, General Conference which was wonderful. I hurt my back in April and it has been absolutely terrible since. I have spent more money at the Dr office and have been there more often in the past 3 months then I ever have been in probably 10 years. Nathan and I went to see the BYU Dancers at Gilbert High School. It was awesome. It was a variety of music and dance for the past 40 years. It was great.

May 2010, We took Cherry down to the Gila Valley Temple Open House where she could feel the spirit and know what "Mormons" believe. She thought that it was soooo beautiful and awesome. School ended. I had 2 garage sales back to back and boy, was it tiring.

June 2010, I had two steroid injections put in my back to help eliminate the pain and minimize the inflamation. I have another one in a couple of weeks too because it seems like the first two really didn't do much. I had the opportunity to go to Dallas, TX for Leadership Summit for work which was by invitation only and it was fabulous. I learned a lot about myself, about management and the university as a whole. I work for a great organization. There are a few pictures below that Nathan and I took while we were there and while we had some free time.

July 2010, well, it is official. Nathan is down in Douglas, AZ and I am staying with a sweet friend, Toni, her sister PJ and the daughter Ashley who is 3 until the end of the summer. I have Kale with me too and we are in Chandler. South of the 202 and right off of Alma School. He starts work on the 19th with Omega Alpha Charter School and is already setting up house and getting to know the area and the way that people live down there. He has gone to Agua Prieta, which is on the other side of the border, he has been pulled over by border patrol and he has even had the opportunity to go to the emergency room already for falling off the truck he drove down there. So, needless to say he has had his fun already and is enjoying it. The members are fabulous and are there assisting him which is an answer to my prayers.

Nathan and I had a body detox and it was so cool to see what happens in water from what shouldn't be in there. It was pretty neat.

I have a few doctors appointments that I need the insurance for from work and I need to find a job that will be suitable for me. I am hoping to work from home and won't know if it will work out until mid August.
I have booked my flight and found a place to stay for Hawaii for 9 days. My awesome friend Tiffany will be flying too from SLC and we'll meet up down there. We are staying at a hostel which are so much fun and cheap. Pictures will be posted for sure on FB and if I can remember, probably here too.

Well, technically this is about it.

Love ya all,
Karen & Nathan


2 comments:

Erin said...

What was the detox that you did? I am so curious!

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

The detox was for feet to clear the body of chemicals that it shouldn't take in extra of like metals and other terrible things that we breathe. It was quite exciting.