Followers

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Slackin'

I've been slacking for the past few months on my board to keep people updated about this side of the Wicke/Nihipali clan. We've been extremely busy. Nathan is finishing up his masters program and only has 2 classes left.......can we get a YAHOO! Graduation is in November and so is the big celebration. He loves his position at the charter school that my uncle owns and operates and is learning tons and is enjoying everything that he does there. I'm so glad that he finally found something that he really enjoys and is able to do because of things that he has learned from his program. It is awesome that he is able to apply school right into his work right away because he can see the benefits of it all and reap the blessings.

We inherited an exchange student from China. She is hilarious, only 15 and a joy to have in the house. She enjoys school (which is a private catholic school) and loves going to young womans (which is ironic because she says that she thinks everyone at church is so nice and friendly and she hasn't said that about school yet, hhhhmmmm, is there is a real difference? Yes). Her name is Shiqi Li but we call her Cherry. She'll be here all school year so we'll be keeping her busy.

My busy season at work has ended, thank goodness. Now it will be very slow and it'll give me the next few months to put things together at work to build my business for next spring and summer. My sick time will more than double starting 1 Sept because I have tons of vacation time that I didn't use and it will roll over and then I'll have 160 hours of vacation time given to me that again I'll probably not use forever so Nathan is going to have to pull me away from work and take me somewhere.

With Cherry being here we want to take her to all kinds of places. With us knowing that Landon Haymore is in San Diego now, we'll have to buddy up with him and go out and visit. We're also wanting to go to Rocky Point for a day or two and visit there too. I know that we'll end up at the Grand Canyon some time and even probably the 4-Corners/Mesa Verde National Park and Lake Powell. I love those areas and they are so beautiful.

I think Nathan also said something about taking Cherry skiing up in Utah and taking her to see snow and temple square so I can tell ya now that we'll be going that direction sometime this winter.

We love the ward we are in and haven't been given a calling yet, which is fine, we are barely getting things settled here with Cherry being added to our family and with the job things finally settling down.

I need to close for now so that I can clean my house. It is really dirty.

Love everyone,

Karen

No comments: