Followers

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Feeling the blues

I have been feeling under the weather since Wednesday. I didn't work on Thursday, my boss sent me home early Wednesday afternoon because a coworker and myself couldn't talk or even keep our eyes open. I worked Friday, which was really dumb because I ended up coming home 3 hrs early anyways. Nathan and I missed the multi stake dance that is annual in the west valley, again. We didn't go last year either for some reason.

I can't just stay home and do nothing so of course, I dope myself up on medicine and get to work with Nathan on his garden that he wanted to put together. We, oh, let me clarify this, Nathan planted, corn, tomatoes, squash, cucumbers and we will be adding green onions, pumpkin and green beans. It sounds like a lot and it is despite our yard. We don't have a lot of space, but then again we do.

I am still not feeling well, I don't sleep well, I can't breathe and when I cough my throat is being cut by glass, when I sneeze, everything that is liquified in my body wants to come out of my nose, my head is killing me and it is throbbing like an ice pick is being jabbed in my temples, my eyes hurt. My sides hurt from coughing so much and hard. It is crazy. My skin is dry like desert dust and my face is breaking out like I'm 15 years old again.

Can I get a facial? Will someone please pay for a day at the spa? I need it.

I'm #1 in my division so now I am being asked to do all kinds of things again at work. They want me to teach people who to do their job. What the heck? They wouldn't have a job if they didn't know how to already do it. What is their manager there for? I don't get paid for that. Pay me and I'll consider it. I did apply for a training position and they turned me down, not only once, but at least 4 times. What the heck? Oh well...things happen for a reason. I'll just keep making the money to provide for my family! That is what counts right now, at this time.

For as gross as I feel, I need to quit being chatty, I have to go visiting teaching.

Bye.

Karen

3 comments:

Candace said...

Good luck... I hope you feel better. Kudos to you guys for planting a garden in that desert area! Get some pink grapefruit or some Simply Grapefruit juice drink (usually in the refrigerated juice area near the Simply Lemonade)... it works wonders on sore throats! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I just learned today from sisters that I visit teach (yes, I went anyways, even though I'm sick) that there are tomatoes that grow here in the desert valley that can grow in 100 degree weather. I was so excited to hear that because I'm going to let Nathan know so that he can get them and not worry about them while they grow in this HOT sun!

desert mom said...

So sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope you recover soon. Best wishes on the garden, I'm proud of you both. Looks like you have a good start. It certainly is different than in California's perfect weather and soil. I'm trying to get up nerve to try again here in NM. Our problem is SAND, not the best for growing a garden.
My Love