Followers

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope that all of your prayers and wishes are answered this new year.

I have a "family letter" that I typed up a few weeks ago but I don't want to mail it out so I am fighting with myself to figure out of I even want to email it out. If you keep up with the blog, I don't need to send the letter because, technically, everything that is in the letter is here too.

So, I guess I just answered my own concern; I'm not sending it!

Nathan has been in Alaska since Saturday evening and is doing fine. He hurt one of his fingers on his right hand and has gotten the flu while being up there but other than that, he is having a wonderful time.

I worked Monday and Tuesday and had Wednesday and Thursday off...hence, I did what little work I needed to do on Tuesday and left 1 hour early so that I could hit the grocery store so that I could get the little things I needed to make blueberry cheesecake to take the my friend Kathy Turner Davids' home for Christmas Eve dinner. She invited me after learning that I'd be in AZ by myself. I had a great time. They crack me up. Paul her husband is so stinking funny so we had a great time. Nathan would really like them.

I have gone on lots of walks with Ka'le because he has been alone a lot this week. It has rained every day too. He doesn't care to much for that on his paws and it is so stinking funny because he walks funny and then won't pee or go #2. He makes me walk with him and then I get all wet...so, I guess its fair...we are both wet.

I've taken a bath almost every day so I just soak and fall asleep in the tub...kind of funny because I am not one to do that because I used to not fit so now that I figure I fit, I do it! Big people don't belong in the bathtub, they may get stuck!

I made cheesecake (blueberry) yesterday and homemade wheat buttermilk rolls. Both were so yummy. No sugar in each of them.

This morning I woke up to a mariachi band singing and what sounded like 5 girls singing and dancing outside. Guess what time that was? 4:45 am. I was so mad because it took me about another 45 minutes to go back to bed and by that time, I think the cops had come because it was QUIET.

So, at 7:30 this morning Ka'le came to get me to let me know that he needed to go outside, so we took a walk down to the park. When we returned, I read about the birth of the Savior, Luke 2 and Alma 7. When I finished that I looked to see what time the movie was starting,
The curious case of Benjamin Button. It was 10:25 so I showered, got dressed, walked Ka'le again and went to the movie. It was almost a 3 hour movie and I had to be at the Phoenix Rescue Mission right afterwards. I left the movie talked to Nathan, called my dad and ran over the the location. I get there, park the car and quickly read through the paperwork and realize that I'm not wearing black pants like the paperwork asked, I have on jeans and a red sweater. I remembered the red but not the black pants. I figure that I have time to go home since the building was so close to my house. The paperwork said to be prompt and on time so I figured I'd make it. I run home, change my pants and run back there and they have already shut the doors. OK...I need to say, I was late! I don't know why they were strict, I just know that it was raining out and that I was late. So, needless to say, I went home and walked some more CSI.

Ka'le and I went back down to the park and ran in to a puppy that was hit by a car because he won't walk on his left hind leg. I actually saw him like that about a month ago and it still looks really painful for him. Ka'le has gotten more sappy lately too. He wants to sit right on my lap, he wants to be right where I am and snuggle with me in the blanket that I'm using.

Hahaha, I was given two gifts from people at work and I guess Santa told them that I don't like to wear shoes and I don't like to wear socks at home without shoes on. Nathan, who have you been talking to? Anyways, I was given a pair of slippers that I was told to keep at work, however, I have been wearing them here at home, so I think I am going to keep them here. I was also given a pair of fluffy socks that have a diamond where the strap is as a button and I was told to wear those at work too. So, I think I'll take the less bulky of the two to work since I take my shoes off at work and if I have to go to the bathroom I can throws those on. I even take my shoes off to walk to the cafe because it feels better and everyone laughs at me. Listen up everyone...not anymore!

I have to work tomorrow, Friday and then on Saturday I am going to the gym in the morning and having lunch with a friend that I used to work with that got pretty ill and Gail Galloway is going to meet us. Both of these ladies are old enough to be my grandmother/mother! I don't care though, they are so stinking funny and so sweet.

Nathan "should" be home Saturday afternoon about 6pm and if not, he'll be stuck in HOU again. As of right now, SEATAC is having great flight weather so we'll see. My dad told me today that the snow is supposed to get worse so I don't know what to believe because if it is going to snow some more, how can there be great flight weather? Oh well...we'll see.

I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

No comments: