Followers

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Early Present...late decor

The infamous Dwarf Washington Orange Tree

Nathan scooping the, ya...crap! He's taking it rather than dishing it...what a great guy!
This is sweet, 9 + pound Samantha. By looking at her, you are looking directly at Amiee!

Good evening,

Its Sunday evening and I'm just beginning my blogging session. We just returned from the Pace family home from watching the First Presidency Devotional 2008. It was very sweet. The theme pretty much was to think of others and act upon the the promptings of the spirit and do something for that other person or family. It was awesome.

We ground some RED Wheat while we were there too just to have it so that we could have something to cook/bake with during the Holidays.

Nathan let me know that one of the few things that he wanted for Christmas was an orange tree. So we researched a few and came upon one from Home Depot. We bought and now we are in the middle of planting it in the God given clay type dirt! So, we have dug a hole, which still needs to be deeper, we went to the dairy on Saturday and scooped up some, well, you know...manure, I would have rather talked to the cows, pet them, hung out with them than scoop crap! It was so funny :o)

We went and picked one up. Its a dwarf Washington Orange Naval Tree. It will be exciting to watch it grow, since it is a slower growing tree. We are going to plant it between the house and the shed since there is plenty of room for it to grow there.

Earlier yesterday I had gone to a Holiday Extravaganza at a friends house in Glendale and it seemed like I was the only one to get orders, which is fine, I was able to submit one from the early party of November, finally! While I was putting my purse in the car, I bent over to put another small bag on the ground and I heard my back pop, I thought, "oh great, again...it is going to hurt for another 2 weeks, just lovely!".

I put it in the car, packed the rest of the stuff, went home, turned around and went and scooped poop...it hurt so bad.

I went to a Partylite Candle party later that evening after scooping poop and helping load it in the truck and bringing it home and getting it in the backyard. We were so tired last night. Oh, and not only that, we watched the movie called Breached...if you haven't seen it...go get it! Its really good. So a little after midnight...I finally ended up in bed, UNTIL...

we heard the pool pump go crazy. It turned on as normal and then all of a sudden it was screaming for help. The hoses are fine, the connection is fine, the filters are fine, something crazy
is happening with the motor. So, tomorrow we need to call the pool people and have them come and take a look at it! It was just so crazy.

Then I finally went to bed!

Today we went to church and it was lovely. The spirit did truly testify to me that Jesus is the Christ and that this special season is the season to celebrate the birth of our Redeemer and that Heavenly Father truly loves me and that I am a daughter of his and he selected me to be here in these later days to be among the great and noble. I don't know why I was chosen and what great and nobleness I have to give to others, but he trusts me and has confidence in me so I'm fine with it!

My very good friend, Amiee Finster had baby #3 on Monday 1 December. That makes girl #2 with Payton in the middle and the only boy and Portia #1 and the oldest. She'll be a great older sister and a wonderful helper to mom and dad. Congrats Max and Amiee!

I also bought 26 books this past week as well to mail to Janell so that she can wrap them up for Aukai and Kali'i for Christmas. I figured that they need something and they'll love them. They are all of the Golden Book collection!

I hurt, I want to go to bed, I'm stuffy because the house we went to to watch the devotional has cats and I'm allergic so my eyes are all stuffy and puffy and my nose is clogged. My throat started to get scratchy so I had to wash my hands a few times and go outside to get a breath of fresh air...we left fairly quickly...needless to say.

Another week down for December! It'll be awesome. When my tree is finally decorated and the house is put together, I'll gladly take pictures and blog them, for now, forget it...I am only 1/4 of the way done! This seems like the year too that I'll be getting rid of stuff that I no longer want to keep. I get that feeling already.

Have a great week, we'll talk again when I fell impressed to post something again by the end of the week.

Karen

2 comments:

desert mom said...

I love oranges, take good care of that tree, speak kindly to it, cause I want samples.

Wow, cute baby, she's almost grown.

Hope your back gets better quick. This is not the month to not be feeling good.

Have a good week.
Much Love

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

She is almost grown...I hope to see here this Spring.

I am learning to love Oranges. I am learning to eat them the best way that I can...it is hard for me. Nathan loves them. I actually brought one to work with me today.