Followers

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Party

OK, go figure...a bunch of weight loss junkies getting together to have a Christmas party! Sound ironic? It isn't. Did we talk, eat and have a great time? Yes! Was there food you ask? But of course there was! Who has a party and there not have food? We all watched and laughed at each other as we ate different things and tiny amounts of what we did eat. We were all telling each other to not drink anything while we ate so if you were thirsty to drink it first. It was so funny to be each others support on Wednesday night.

I will say that it was a blast. The majority of the people at Leanns home had the surgery and then their significant others were there for "moral" support. It was nice to see people that I can identify with and then be able to talk to them about how I feel and what I'm going through as they are going through it too!
Lenny, the older gentleman to the left has lost 75 pounds since July and is doing well. He eats a lot though, his girlfriend says...she is sitting next to me. She was ratting him out and telling us that he will everything and very quickly. It was so funny. Lori next to me had surgery too and is the head bariatric nurse up at Paradise Valley Hospital. She is awesome and told me that it is perfectly fine to eat CHEESE as long as I don't eat the entire block, which I can do! So, along with Dr. Simon, she says to eat it sparingly!
Here we are again!

I don't look very happy looking at the food. I think I was thinking about what to do and how much to eat. It was pretty close to 7:30 by the time we started to have dinner.

I left the gathering about 8:15. It was sweet and we all had a great time.


No comments: