Followers

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ending the Summer

August! Wow, did I say that about July...August is half over. Its crazy. I received an email from my friend Amiee who lives in Fort Collins, CO with Max, Portia and Payton (her 2 kids, well, her 3 kids if you include her husband as the 3rd and a new baby girl on the way in December). We kind of thought that it would be and its awesome to know that it is. I want to go and visit with her and help her out then BUT my brother Kenji is going to get myself, my dad and him to Hawaii in November and I don't want to take any more time off that I don't have to...so, needless to say, I may not go to CO.

This past week was steady. I worked and went to practice the piano and went to visit a new sister in our ward that has been added to your visiting teaching list. Rebbecca Tempelton...she is really nice. She has 2 cute little kids and one wanted to go home with me. I'd be happy to watch him...he has shaggy YELLOW hair and was so cute...he sat on my lap and wanted me to continue carrying him around. It was funny...he'll be 2 on our anniversary.

That is another thing...can you believe it? Nathan and I will be married 1 year this coming Sunday. That year has flown...its be a wild roller coaster ride and well worth it.

I had an awesome pampered chef party this past week too. Kristina Davis that I work with lives out in Apache Junction, the last house on the farthest road in the east valley. Believe it or not, the road to her house is still a dirt road and only 1 way in and 1 way out. If it floods, well, they stay there and don't go out because, well there isn't any place to go or drive with the roads all washed over. Her family and friends were very sweet and very kind. They all had a good time it looked like and even the spouses joined in and cooked. A few of the nephews and nieces pitched and had a great time too. She'll get a lot of fun stuff for free and she deserves it for being a great hostess.

Its kind of fun too because when I have a party, Nathan gets to eat the recipe first and he for the most part has enjoyed it.

The pool is a complete mess. I hate the vacuum, it doesn't work very well so doesn't clean so when I attempt to clean the pool, it just frustrates me and so I give up and don't do it at all.

I took a few hours off this week and will have to make that up this next week. No big deal though. I was so tired this week so I didn't do a whole lot.

I have come to a point where I have maintained my weight. Its pretty exciting. I am so glad. I probably fluctuate between 3-7 pounds, but for the most part, it is the same.

I have some things I need to do for my calling as a ward missionary so I will close for now.

Be good and hope all is well.

5 comments:

alicia said...

It certainly seems that you don't slow down! Congrats on all your hard work in July, you're so awesome!

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

Alicia,
You'll appreciate this one...I finished #1 in the division for CTE...exciting...believe it or not...I did.

Natasha finished 2nd and was 10 behind me!!

desert mom said...

July...August...and before long it will be Nov. Kathlynn invited me to go with her to Hawaii when she worked for Hawaii World a few years ago and we loved it. Actually that was in Nov. 1998, more than a few years ago.

Can't believe it's been a year already since you and Nathan got married. Happy Anniversary. Oh, by the way I ordered a few wedding pictures. I love them.

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

I am so glad that someone order the pictures. We didn't care for most of them so we don't want to order them. 1 year...it has gone by so fast...its amazing.

Anonymous said...

Great work.