Followers

Sunday, August 24, 2008

1 year Anniversary







These flowers are just beautiful and I received them today from a wonderful husband that finally decided to see the light and plunge in to marriage 1 year ago today. We have had a busy weekend, busy day and busy year. We had decided to go to Sedona Friday night (22-August 2008)and spend the night there and check out the surrounding areas. We dropped off Ka'le the dog (it sounds like we have kids...he is treated like one though by his mom) off at a friends home who has a big yard for him to run around on Friday afternoon and we drove up there and finally got there about 7:45 PM. Its a good thing that we didn't wait any longer because it took a little bit to find a place to stay. We found a really cute but old Motel...see the picture above.

I am an early riser so at 5:00 AM I am outside taking pictures. It was a little chilly and very windy. I hate the wind! As I was finishing with the pictures that early in the morning I saw seriously in the morning only white tailed rabbits. I thought, "man, I am out in the wild and don't see any snakes, skunks or any other awesome wild animals". It was a sad moment.

I went back to bed for about 45 minutes, got and up again and went out to read the Book of Mormon and the wind had picked up and it was so annoying, I still read though and enjoyed the quiet moments with myself. See the pictures above that I took while I was outside in the early morning. I went back to bed for about another 30 minutes and then I couldn't take it anymore...I had to wake up and get going so I got up and showered and went to pick up some breakfast for Nathan. By the time I came back he was awake...not ready to go for the day, but at least he was awake.
I'll post another blog with pictures that we took while in Sedona and another posting of what happened today (24-August 2008) as it is just way to much for one post.
It was an awesome and fun Friday and Saturday.
Karen Wicke


4 comments:

desert mom said...

Don't you just love the quietness of the early morning and the peacefulness?!! My favorite time of the day if I can get to bed early the night before. This morning we had an incredible sunrise. I have not seen the Eastern sky so red. For the past month we have had some awesome sunrises. Just like beautiful roses, you have to take the time to enjoy them. God's creations are beyound description.
My Love Eternal

alicia said...

CONGRATS! I can't believe it's already been a year! Karen you're so awesome and I love how happy you are!

Anonymous said...

Alicia,
I hate that I can't post anything on your blog! Tell your hubby to make some changes on it :o(
Its so sad but I thank you for responding to mine!

Erin said...

It looks like a wonderful place to spend an anniversary. Congrats on the 1 year! Isn't married life great? It just gets better: )