Followers

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Instructional Design

Wow, who would have thought that I'd be a part of the education world with creating classes, evaluating their need, creating content and offering suggestions to make it better? Who would have thought that I would have even considered it let alone love it?

I love it! I enjoy thinking of an idea, analyzing a need, coming up with a plan to deliver it and provide objects and goals to help the students learn the lesson being taught, no matter what the lesson is and then evaluating what we learned as a class.

I'm going to have to use what I'm learning in my classes and program in primary. I get it that primary and adults are WAY different but teaching is the same, the experiences are just different and in primary, you teach by the spirit, well in that same manner, all other classes too just that the spirit teaches about the reality of God, Jesus Christ and Joseph Smith, Jr.

I love teaching primary because it keeps my testimony grounded and it keeps my lessons simple and we get to color and play games and enjoy the sweet spirit as "little children" do. My 4 year olds are so cute and just absolutely hilarious.

Back to class, anyways, I've enjoyed this class so much that I'm going to create a program for UOPX to start an internship program. I had to create a class for ID one I'm in now and I'm going to piggy back off that and create 7 more for the program and present it to my division director for approval. It'll be awesome and updates will take place as needed for classes and students.

As for dating, it isn't happening. I've been blessed enough that I want to and I go places that take me out of my comfort zone and I go by myself and I meet a TON of nice people and when the time is right, he'll come along and we'll meet. I have a lot of things that I'm doing that will place my in a position to be around good, wholesome, edifying people and I'm grateful for that. A few activities that I'm going to do this summer include Les Mis in June, a birthday party dance in Jul, class in Jul, California OCBC Singles Conference in Aug and Hawaii in Sept. Wow, can we say BUSY. I was hoping to go to UT in Jun but my friend has flaked on me (no gender mentioned) so I'm unsure now if I want to spend the money and go or if I should save the money and use it to make a special trip to Molokai when I go to Hawaii in Sept.

I've even looked in to adoption. I'm going to attend a meeting in June in Mesa for a FAQ which will be kind of nice and it'll weed out who and what doesn't need to do it or should do it. I've always considered taking in a special needs child and after considering it, I'd still like to. They need love too and they need a good, stable home. We'll see. I'm just throwing around the idea. If I do this, my entire LIFE will change for the better and ground me and wow, it'll be life changing and I still need to prayerfully consider it.

I have some reading for class that I need to do so I'm going to do a little bit of that.

Karen

No comments: