Followers

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Isn't technology awesome?

I have downloaded general conference to an MP3 that Nathan has and I am able to take it to work and the gym and anywhere else that I want to listen to the Lords words through his prophets and apostles and block out the world and their nonsense words. It is awesome how much technology changes our lives and can edify all of Gods children.

Isn't it totally sad that there are some of Gods children too that use it to their destructive advantage as well?

I watched a couple of YOUTUBE videos this morning on the Bible and another on the Temple and as you know, there is a place that one can post a comment. I watch the video and am totally uplifted by the spirit and am reminded of the need of temples on earth and the greatness and awesomeness of the Bible. As I read through some of the comments, I noticed that there was a comment from someone that lacks truth and understanding. That person swore in their post. As soon as I read it, the spirit left my heart because I felt so bad that they didn't understand what the video was trying to say and that they were rejecting the spirit of a loving Heavenly Father who was trying to touch them and teach them that they are loved, that they are needed and that they are a daughter/son of God.

I told Nathan today after I watched them that it seems to me that those who are the most bitter against the church are those who once have been in tune with the spirit and who once had a testimony. It seems like those who are not members will actually defend those they know and will step up to the plate if someone begins to go off on a tangent. Just like the scriptures say, that those who have once been in tune (like the Nefitas & Lamenitas) and know the truth will be the ones that will criticize it the most and try to destroy it the hardest.

Nathan and I thought, "well, if they don't like it, why don't they just leave it alone". If you see a dead animal on the side of the road, do you stop your car, look at it and stay there and suck up the stench, the view and hold on to picture you see? I don't think so. I think you'd go away and stay away.

If you are in the ocean and see a shark, do you stay there or do you leave and never go back and leave it alone? I wouldn't go back. It doesn't make sense to and it doesn't make the situation any better.

Oh well. Thank goodness that the Lord loves all of us. I pray that those people who don't know about the Gospel will one day learn and will one day pray to the loving God and know that he will answer their pray. That answer will come in a number of ways, such as a peace in their heart and mind, a phone call from a friend that is a member, a knock on the door by missionaries, a member neighbor inviting them to church or church sponsored activity. That one person will watch a video (technology), see a commercial on TV, talk to a coworker about the church or something and then they will be taught by the Holy Ghost to act upon that interaction and follow it.

I know this to be true. I know that this is the way that my Heavenly Father communicates with me. I know that my Savior loves me and through him, I'll return to my Father. I can't wait. This life has its beautiful and hard times and they are so well worth it.

1 comment:

Brinkerhoff said...

Hola,
I would love to see you in July if you two have time. As it gets closer let me know what your schedule is like. We're glad to meet you in Provo.
It sounds like your sleepwalker is a bit more intense than mine.
Take care,
Marcela