Followers

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Awesome General Conference

I know that I haven't written in a while and I haven't had really anything to say. It seems like everything has been tied together recently. It is amazing what happens to time when you keep busy and do what you are asked and supposed to do.

General Conference was fabulous. I started it off actually a week before by being involved with the Young Womans Conference. That was fabulous. The incorporated the 8th YW thing, Virtue. The talks were awesome, they were uplifting and I felt the spirit very strong. Then, Pres Monson spoke on Courage and what we can do to take hold of it and move forward and it tied very sweetly in to the new motto, Virtue.

Nathan was able to help Ben a few times this week with his newly designed and beautifully landscaped front hard. They laid sod (grass) and it looks awesome. I've had the privilege to work and get some OT with it too so that was nice.

I had to give Kale a bath something terrible because he laid in the dirt at Bens, got wet and he was just a huge ball of clumped hair. It was gross and I didn't like to pet him because he was so dirty. He didn't care for it to much, he kept his nose in the corner the entire time but he did like the water spraying on his belly...he appreciated that.

Conference was fabulous. I learned that it is what I do with my fellow brothers and sisters, members or non that will make or break me. I need to serve them, be an example to them, share my thoughts and feelings to them about the Gospel and the Savior and let them make their own choices about what they want to do in this life, accept it or reject it. I also learned that I need to be careful with what little money Heavenly Father gives me. I can spend it unwisely and lose TONS of blessings or I can spend it on the bare necessities and share with others and be richly blessed.

I also had to reevaluate myself and my home, is my home as the temple is? Is it quite, is it calm, does the spirit dwell there with me and my family? Does the Savior walk around in my home as he walks in each of the temples that dot the earth? Is my home clean physically and spiritually where the purest person ever, Jesus Christ can dwell there? I have been thinking about that since I heard that talk. I wonder to myself if I am worthy enough to have him there with me and my family while I am at home or even while I am out and about being involved with life, work, gym, church and other activities. I wonder if Kale knows any different as well. Are my television shows clean enough, do I have a picture of the prophet on the wall, is there a picture of the temple, are my scriptures where I can access them easily and do I have a serene place where I can go if I need to go on bended knees to thank Heavenly Father for ALL that he has given me.

I think that this talk was the one that knocked Karen over. There were TONS of other great and inspiring ones, but this is the one that was given to inspire and uplift me the most.

I can't wait for the Ensign to come out. I'll have to pick up a 2nd one as Nathan and I fight over it and hide it so the other can't find it. I also love to listen to the talks while at the gym so I'll have Nathan add it to the MP3 and also my shuffle.

Monday was a terrible day at work, all I wanted to do was go home and suck up more of General Conference. It was like I realized that there are crazy people in this world and now I have to be a part of them. It was like GC suggested, serve others even no matter what and all will be blessed. I don't know if the blessings came that day or not or if they are still in the works, but wow, it was a LONG day.

We had a wonderful dinner with friends at Traci Astles home. There were friends that we hadn't seen in a long time. Babies are growing and everyone is happy. It was wonderful.

Saturday afternoon was fabulous too. We left right after GC and went to Mesa so that I could take Collette to Desert Book Womans Night! It was a lot of fun. She was totally excited that there was free stuff, there were treats (free again) and that there were discounts on everything in the store. Not only that, but we each got in the mail that day $10 discount card so of course, we used that too. We both bought a crock pot cook book and we were so excited. I've got to try it ASAP and feed the hubby. I usually find things that he doesn't like so I feel like an idiot! He is definitely gringo because he likes things that I never would eat but my MOM would!

Collette and I met her mom at Desert Book in Mesa and then left about 6, barely made it to Costco to pick up some pizzas and take them back to Bens to cook them and feed Darwin, Ben and Nathan when they got back from conference. They all raved about how wonderful it was and how awesome each speaker brought the spirit and uplifted them.

We watched Friday Night Lights which was OK, I've seen better HS sport movies, it isn't at the top of my exciting list.

I love life. It gets hard sometimes, it gets tough, but you know, dang it, it happens. I love to breathe, I don't care to much to sweat while I work out, actually I hate it but I do it anyways, I love to read the scriptures and come home to my house. I actually, seriously enjoy my job. I work with some wonderful educators across the country, don't get me wrong, there are some real winners out there, but I have to say that the majority of them are fabulous!

I love my calling in nursery. I have missed my little kids and can't wait to see them on Sunday!

Love,

Karen

No comments: