Followers

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Monsoon Season

Hi everyone,
I have had a simple, yet busy week. Nathan had a productive week and helped me clean the house so that it is clean and ready for graduation this next.
We have had tons of heavy rains from the Monsoons and it is so awesome. It feels so good and it has been well needed. The thunder and lighting is awesome though. If you stand outside, it is so cool to see and watch. There is no way that I'd stand out there long enough to get hit by the lightning though, never the less, it is so awesome.

There have been friends that we attend church with that have had surgery this week or will be going in for surgery this Wednesday. It is going to be a sobering week for everyone for the next couple of weeks. David Jones had a triple bypass this week and is barely hanging on.

This next week, finally is graduation and I am so excited. It is going to be fun. We'll be having pasta, salad, pizza and a drink for lunch afterwards. It'll be great! I am very excited. Nathans parents will be here along with a few of his siblings. I have some friends from work and from church coming along too, which I hope will be great.

Work has been a bore. It has really slowed down so it is very hard for me to stay there during an 11 hr day. For 2 weeks in a row, I have been the #1 person in the department. It is kind of exciting yet kind of scary because I have to be the example for everyone else to do the do same. Natasha Maldonado has been right up there with me so we'll see who ends up at the top at the end of the month. I usually do really well at the beginning of the month and then flop at the end and Natasha is just the opposite, she flops at the beginning and then takes off running at the end, so we'll see.

Well, I have some work that I need to do and get done before work for the week. It is raining and it smells so good. I am doing laundry and cleaning our second room so that someone can stay here if needs be for graduation.

Everyone, have a good week.

Oh, we had an real estate agent swing by the house to tell us that it isn't smart to sell the house right now and that the market is now stabilizing and to hold on to the house for at least another year. We can do that. It isn't bad and I'm really grateful for that.

1 comment:

desert mom said...

Ohh, I love the smell of the desert when it rains. I could even eat the dirt it smells so good. I love to watch the lightening and listen to the thunder but it can be dangerous. Enjoy but be careful. Have a happy day.