Followers

Sunday, May 25, 2008

New Day

What week this has been. The weather was wonderful and warm. I loved it and Nathan hated it. We go on the family walk Thursday evening and the rain, the wind and other elements of nature and Nathan is having a grand ol' time and I am freezing, cold, shivering and my puppy, Ka'le is just loving the walk. I wanted to go home & Nathan thinks the weather is wonderful.

My humble opinion...it sucked!! It was terrible. I would rather have 105 degree weather and stay in the house than stand out in the rain, pretend that it is nice and walk in it! Gross.

We just laugh about it mostly now because he loves it and I hate it.

I had a Partylite candle party on Saturday and it was fun. It was national pricess day and we wore tierras and had name tags. I was Princess Fiona!!

A friend of mine said that my blog wasn't working so I am hoping that this works. I gave her the site, so I thought but she said that it was completely outdated. I told her that I work on it at least 1 time a week, usually Sundays so I hope that this is current.

I know the picture is current because we took it while in Idaho over General Conference weekend in April 2008.

Well, today was an awesome day. I played the piano at church for the first time in3 years. I was called to play last week because the secret leaked out that I had a hidden talent that was to remain hidden. Oh well, I was set apart already and I went to the chapel to practice.

Let me back up just a minute though, one ironic thing is...OK...Nathan had gone to the Fathers & Sons outing with the ward, very nice for him, for me...well it was terrible...I was bored out of my mind...Friday night, I am here by myself and said, "self, you need to get a piano. You could be using your time much more wisely than wasting it like this."

Then the following Sunday, I was asked to be the pianist for Relief Society. What a story and how the Lord answers prayers. I told Nathan that I need to have a piano and he said that we'll get one, just give him time!! YAHOO.

I am also trying to apply for UOP Online but up in Sacramento, CA. I have a 2nd telephone interview this coming Tuesday and am so excited. I also submitted my resume and application for Northern Arizona University (NAU) up in Flagstaff, AZ. I was sent a letter indicating that I am in the running for the director of the international division of the university for activities, academics and other university "stuff". We are so excited. Nathan and I have talked about it and we don't care what part of the world the Lord takes us as long as it takes us out of the Phoenix heat.

Nathan has applied for a job in Norfolk, VA and also for the Railroad...where ever it takes us, we don't care. As for Sacramento or Flagstaff, if that is where we are supposed to go, well, that is where we'll go.

We are waiting for the buddy passes to kick in from Kenji because he is going to go to Anchorage, AK with Nathan within the next couple of weeks. Nathan is going to take Kenji fishing and out on the boats and hang out with his family. He is so excited and can't wait. He is just waiting for the "GO" and he is out of here for a couple of weeks!

Well, we are going to finish Extreme Home Makeover and go for out nightly walk...without the rain and wind, thank you and then paint the house tomorrow.

Have a great week.

No comments: