Followers

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day

This is a hard day for me, but also a joyous one. I've had time with this day for the past 15 years of my life but then again, it has been the most fulfilling. I don't need to go in to any great details and I won't but I just need to let every mother out there know that they are doing a fantastic job. Sometimes, you mothers think that your kids are never going to learn, they are never "going to get it", they are not going to be strong in the gospel and that one phrase that I have heard a lot of, "what did I do wrong?". Well, mothers, that is probably not what your Heavenly Father wants you to think and I want to let you know that you know that you are loved, wanted, cared for (physically, temporally, spiritually and everything else) and needed.

Your roles as mothers, sisters, aunts, grandmas, great grandmas, friends, cousins, wives and divine daughters of God change lives, help in changing attitudes, educate the weak and feeble and bless the lives that you come in contact with. God will continue to inspire you to fulfill your role as a woman so that his children will be blessed in this earth life.

I, am not one to speak on mothers as I am childless at my old age, however, I know that God has in store for me something exciting and something that I can not comprehend at this time nor will I ever be able to understand. I do know that he has placed women in my life so that I can learn from them, understand their ideas, learn to appreciate life and how to use their examples to raise my family...OK, remember that I don't have kids, but I do have a spouse and a dog and all of the lessons help with both! :o)

I need to get ready for church. Nathan bought me a NANO for mothers day and I've been playing with it all day and haven't even showered yet for church :o) Luckily, I already read my scriptures and am prepared in that manner. I even made waffles for breakfast, what is up with that? I thought that I was supposed to take the day off!

Karen

To all of you

1 comment:

desert mom said...

Karen, you too help in changing attitudes, educate the weak and feeble and bless the lives that you come in contact with. God will continue to inspire you to fulfill your role as a woman so that his children will be blessed in this earth life. YOU HAVE touched the lives of MANY.
Much Love